4.02//light

Beautiful picspam by @papergalaxies

Chapter Forty Two: Light.

They spent the summer together, loving each other.

He's in the army now. Where? Summer wasn't allowed to know. Was she going to see Winter again? She wished, and hoped. They sent letters to each other, but it took a long time for them to arrive. It comforted her knowing; she loved him, he loved her. 

Summer was happy, well almost. There would always be a hole in her heart that could never be healed but she was moving on. She'd made a few friends at the college she was studying at, they were nice and understanding. She cried sometimes, when things got too much for her to handle.

The little boy had asked her if she believed in the sunlight. At that time, she wasn't sure of her answer, she didn't understand her answer. She did now. So did Summer believe in the sunlight? 

Yes. 

Summer believed in the sunlight. Because no matter what, no matter how long you've fallen down in your own hell, there's always a way out. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. The sun would always be shining, sometimes behind the clouds, other times in the free.

Summer July Ashby was going to be okay.

Winter Edwards Schneider was at war, but he was okay.

And this time they weren't lying. They were okay.

THE END

***

And that my babies was the end! I can't believe this book is already over, I'm so proud but sad too. So what did you think about the ending? Was is disappointing, or was it amazing? Thank you so much for following me on this journey.

May we meet again,

Nicoline.