Sixty Two

"Joe there is nothing wrong, get off my back." Demi demanded completely avoiding eye contact with him. He ran his fingers through his hair again stressed because he didn't know what was wrong with his own girlfriend and lifelong best friend. She was still his best friend even if they had been dating for the past year. He wanted his Demi back, not the one that always picks a fight for a reason he didn't understand. Their kids have clearly noticed a change too.

"No I'm not going to get off your back because your my girlfriend and I deserve to know what's wrong with her. Is it something I've done?" Demi sighed shaking her head gently looking up at him cracking a small smile.

"You do no wrong in my eyes Joseph." She murmured.

"Then what is it?" Joe questioned walking over to her wrapping his arms around him. Demi sighed wrapping her arms back around him as he embraced her. Joe smiled too kissing the top of her head. "I love you, I want to know what's going on." He whispered in her ear.

"It's the time of the month?" Demi answered sighing as Joe pulled away from her looking down at her, she could tell he wasn't impressed.

"For weeks? Demi please, I want to know what's going on." Joe begged Demi holding back her tears as she looked up at the man she loved. She couldn't look him in the eyes.

"I-I can't tell you." She stammered groaning when he left the room in his frustrated mood. She popped her bagel up seeing that it was black, she shook her head using a knife to get off what she could as she let the tears fall from her eyes.

Joe sighed as he brought out the blue velvet box from the drawers opening it up. He was going to propose thinking that everything was going well in their relationship. He thought they were ready for marriage but that was before Demi started acting up, he pushed it away not wanting to marry her if she couldn't even tell him what was wrong. The ring had been in his drawers for nearly three weeks now and hadn't been used. He put the box back in the drawers picking his phone up answering the call before holding it to his ear.

"Hey man." He greeting sitting down on the bed.

"Can you come into work? Things are going mad here, we need you." Joe sighed looking at the calendar seeing that he wouldn't be able to book the day off until the triplet's fourth birthday two months away. He was still head chef but that came with more responsibility and more time away from home. "We've just had a party of twenty five be booked in."

"Fine I'll be down before the hour." Joe stated hanging up beginning to get ready for work. He needed to be away from home right now, he didn't want to be away from the kids but he had some thinking to do. Whether he actually wanted to stay with Demi or just break things off between them until she could tell him what was going on.

"What are you doing?" He heard a voice turning around seeing Demi stood there, he could hear the kids playing in the room opposite, it was clear she was starting to get the kids ready for the day out the five of them were having.

"I have to go into work, I'm sorry Demi." He answered throwing his hat in the bag before zipping it up putting some socks on.

"We were meant to go out as a family."

"I know, tell the kids I'm sorry but they need me in. You knew I was on call." Joe answered throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"You're always on call, surely they can survive a couple of hours without you." Demi urged as she followed him downstairs seeing him slipping his shoes on

"They can't, I need some time to myself Demi. To think things over, I can't keep going on like this. I'll be back for dinner." With that Joe left leaving Demi alone with Evie, Elsie and Elliot.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments pleas