Thirty Six

"My baby boy is getting married ." Denise cooed leaning up pinching Joe's cheeks the remainder of the boys in the room laughing at him as he tried to swat his mother's arms away from him. He knew he'd get this treatment, he remembered laughing at Kevin when he got married to Danielle a couple of years ago.

"Mom get off!" Joe demanded everyone laughing again." Denise laughed moving her hands away but wrapped her arms around his middle embracing him in a hug. Joe soon hugged his mother back a smile plastered on his face. Even if he was getting married his mother would be one of the most important women in his life and he wouldn't let anyone change that.

"I still remember when you were just a little boy, cradling you in my arms then making you lunch for kindergarten and since then time has just flown by!" Denise exclaimed Joe keeping his arms locked around his mother. He knew she got emotional sometimes because of how they have all grown up so quickly and he didn't like to see her upset.

"I know mom but I'll always be here." Joe stated pulling away from her kissing her cheek gently smiling as she smiled up at her.

"I'd better go help Emily get ready then, good luck Joseph." She leaned up kissing his forehead before leaving the room.

Denise entered the room tears coming to her eyes when she saw Emily in her dress then looking around seeing the three bridesmaids too in their dresses. Emily's sister was one, her best friend and of course Demi who had made it. She nearly didn't, she nearly backed out but her parents had talked her into it. She just couldn't believe the man she loved was getting married today and not to her.

"You all look so beautiful," Denise complimented sharing hugs around but when she got to Demi she whispered in her ear. "Are you okay?"

"Getting there, I feel nauseous but I don't know whether that's being here or the morning sickness." Denise laughed slightly kissing her head.

"You'll be just fine, Joe doesn't know what he's missing." Denise approved.

"Thank you." Demi stammered slightly feeling the tears burn her eyes but she held them back not wanting to ruin her makeup. This was Joe's big day and whether she wanted it to happen or not she couldn't ruin what Joe could have with Emily. She regretted not telling him about her feelings but that was all a little too late.

Joe watched as Emily made her way up the aisle the brides maids just in front of them. Joe gave Emily's sister a kiss on the cheek then her best friend before Demi came up to him. He gave her a hug kissing the top of her head hearing her whisper good luck in his ear. They pulled away before they both got into position Emily now joining him. They smiled at each other Joe kissing her gently taking hold of both of her hands hanging them down by the waist.

"Friends, family we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Joe and Emily. Now Joe repeat after me, I Joseph Jonas."

"I Joseph Jonas." Joe repeated.

"Take thee Emily."

"Take thee Demi," He spoke gasps filling the air Demi covering her open mouth. Joe's eyes widened when he realised what he had said.

"Should I carry on?" The priest questioned looking at Emily particularly, she shook her head gently letting go of Joe's hands as she made her way back down the aisle her parents following her as she went but Joe soon followed too.

"Emily wait! I'm sorry!" He called after her.

But she was gone.

--------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!