Eleven

Joe made his way to his house surprised when he saw Emily stood at his door looking as if she was waiting for him. He checked his messages on his phone seeing that he had mixed calls and texts from Emily. He approached her as she looked up at him, he couldn't read her expression which made him starting to worry.

"Emily what are you doing outside, my mom would have let you sit down inside." Joe stated taking both her hands rubbing them in his to warm her up. It was starting to get colder after summer disappears and Autumn sets in.

"She offered but I really need to talk to you." Emily begged Joe nodding his head leading her around the house and into the backyard where they both took a seat on the swing bench Joe wrapping his arm around her to keep her calm. He couldn't lie, he was nervous for what she had to say but he would be there for her whatever she had to say.

"You're not breaking up with me are you?" Joe questioned Emily shaking her head.

"Well if you want to still be with me after I tell you." She mumbled taking in a deep breath, she couldn't hold it away from her for any longer.

"I'd never break up with you." Joe vowed frowning slightly when she didn't say anything and just stayed quiet. They were silent for a couple of minutes Joe wanting to give her time to think about what she wanted to say, he didn't want to push her into anything.

"I-I'm pregnant." She revealed looking up at Joe.

Demi was laid on her bed doing the rest of her homework that she didn't get done before she went bowling with Joe. She was disturbed when she heard big bangs on her door, she looked outside her window knowing that her mother or step father would answer the door. She saw it was Joe, he seemed panicky which made her worry. He soon appeared in her room, only then she saw that he was crying, he was happy when they left off after bowling.

"Joe what's wrong?" Demi questioned as he made her way over hugging her tightly as he cried into her shoulder. She rubbed his back gently worried about what it could possibly be, it was very rare that she even saw Joe cry so she knew it was something serious and big. It took a couple of minutes for him to calm down the two of them now laid down on her bed.

"E-Emily is pregnant." He stammered Demi trying to hide her shock as he buried his head back in her shoulder. Demi didn't say anything, just laid there shocked that the boy she has had a crush on for the past twelve years was having a baby at aged just seventeen.

"Joe do you want this baby?" Demi questioned after she got herself together holding back her own tears, she was angry at herself for not telling Joe about her feelings sooner, before he even got with Emily then maybe none of this would have happened.

"I-I do but we're only seventeen, I can't be a dad this young." Joe mumbled once he had lifted his head back up now laid on the pillow the two of them facing each other.

"What did you do when she told you?" Demi questioned again.

"I maybe ran away." Joe sighed knowing that it was wrong to do that.

"You need to go find her probably tomorrow when it has all settled in and talk to each other about what you think is best." Demi advised.

"I bet she hates me for running away."

"She probably does which is why you need to text her and just tell her that you're sorry and you'll talk about it tomorrow. You want to sleep over?" Joe nodded his head. "I'll go tell my parents that you're not feeling great and grab some of your pyjamas." She kissed his forehead before leaving, he had stayed over so much he had his own clothes already here. She was shocked that Emily was pregnant with Joe's baby but she would be there for her best friend if he needed her.

-------------------------------------------------

Comments please!