Fifty Eight

"My baby girl is so tiny and already going for her first operation," Demi cooed but sighed as she rocked her daughter in her arms. Evie was whimpering slightly being hungry but they couldn't feed her, it wouldn't do much good. She was about to go for her operation Joe and Demi saying their goodbyes to her before she went. It wasn't a huge operation, she was expected to make a full recovery and would only take half an hour, an hour tops but they still couldn't believe that she was just four weeks old and already had to go through an operation. Just as Elliot got better one of his sisters became ill. "Give daddy cuddles then." Joe smiled as Evie was laid down in his arms, she was becoming a daddy's girl already liking to be held by him and having cuddles with her dad. Elliot was more of a momma's boy and Elsie was in between, she hadn't shown signs of preferring either but some babies didn't. Joe kissed her lips gently as she settled down a little bit against her father but she was under protest wanting to be fed.

"I already know we're going to have more problems with Evie as a teenager, she'll be the sassy one." Joe chuckled as Demi laughed pecking his lips gently.

"She's defiantly not happy now, under protest. Demanding that she won't settle down even in her dad's arms until she's been fed." Demi replied as Joe lifted the baby up laying her against his shoulder rubbing her back gently.

"She can't even feed until six hours after the operation bless her," Demi kissed Evie's head going behind Joe beginning to pull faces at her to cheer her up. They haven't smiled yet but they were waiting for it knowing it won't be too much longer. Evie just stared at her mother as she kicked her legs on Joe's chest settling down a little bit. "I love you so much baby girl." Demi pecked Evie's lips gently worried about her daughter but she knew after this operation everything would go back to normal. They hoped nothing else was wrong with their babies.

As soon as Evie was taken away to have her operation done Demi left so she could go home back to Elsie and Elliot not wanting to leave them for too long. Joe would stay with Evie for when she comes out of the operation, she deserved one of her parents there even if Joe was shattered having hardly had any sleep with having a sick baby. Demi would go home and get some rest praying that Elsie and Elliot would let her.

"How is she?" Denise questioned as Demi lifted Elsie up in her arms, Denise had held of Elliot who had just been fed a bottle. He was still small compared to his sisters, he was just a bit over the size of what a newborn was. It wasn't rare for a baby to be small though when there was three babies growing inside their mother.

"She's having an operation, she has some condition but it's nothing too serious." Demi answered sitting down on the couch assisting Elsie to latch onto her breast Denise putting a blanket over her Demi thanking her as she did.

"You both must be so tired." Denise stated bringing Elliot back down into her arms after he had let out a tiny burp.

"We are," Demi breathed. "But we knew with three babies it was going to be tiring, it will be worth it in the end." Demi laid her hand down on Elsie as she felt her feed from her. Elsie was the greediest of the three of them. She always seemed to want feeding first and when she did she seemed to have more than her brother and sister.

"Do you think you'll ever have anymore?" Denise questioned.

"I haven't thought about that yet, it would be nice to experience labour and not have to have a c-section. I have three children already and I only experience pregnancy once, that's my only regret, having them all at once but I can't change that." Demi answered.

"I see what you mean, pregnancy is a wonderful thing." Denise praised as she admired her Grandson, family was very important to them both and that's the way it should be.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!