The Hangover

California woke up with a slight headache the next morning. "Hey, Kap?" She said groggily. The white A.I popped up, "Yes, California?" Cali rubbed her head, "Run a bio-scan, why do I have a headache?" Kappa ran the quick-bio scan, "You haven't had alcohol since you joined the project. So what you are experiencing is a minor...hang over, as what you would call it." California raised her eyebrows, "So what you're saying is that I have gotten weaker." Kappa nodded, "Well, weaker to alcohol. So you have a higher chance of getting your current symptoms." Cali threw her legs over her bunk, "Well might as well get dressed and head down to breakfast." Her walked over to her armor and started to put it on, "Agent California, are you going to head to Agent Washington's room first?" California raised her eyebrows as she slipped on her chest piece, "I guess. Me and Wash always train together so I don't know why today would be different. Why do you ask?" She said buckling in the pieces.

Kappa had smug grin on, "Just trying to calculate how much time you need to spend with Agent Washington before you gather the nerve to ask him out." The A.I said trying not to burst out laughing. California waved her hand through the hologram, "You're such a little shit, you know that." Kappa giggled and disappeared. California carried her helmet and walked over to Wash's room. She knocked and got no response.

She knocked again, "Was-" She was cut off by the door opening. There she was met with a bent over and extremely pale looking Washington. "What the fuck? Wash you look like shit." He gave a weak smile and looked up at her, "Good morning to you too." She smiled and rolled her eyes, "Even when you look like shit, you still are a snarky piece of shit. What the fuck is wrong with you?" She said crossing her arms.

He was about to speak but, covered his mouth and ran to his bathroom. "Kap, bio-scan." California told her A.I. "He is experiencing, a hang-over as well, California but, his is on a much larger scale." She said not bothering to pop up in her holographic form." Wash walked slowly out of the bathroom and crumpled onto his bed. California walked over to him slowly and sat on his bed, "Wash when was the last time you had an alcoholic drink was?" He looked at her with tired eyes and a small smile, "Heh...it's been awhile. Wyoming also did dare me to chug half a bottle of Jack, so that might explain it." California glared at him and wacked his leg, "You moron, you're a Freelancer not some Frat kid." He weakly chuckled, "Hey I needed those bragging rights." She rolled her eyes and smiled, "I'm going to grab breakfast. I'll bring you something as soon as I'm done. Then I'm going to train. I'll come check up on you ever once in a while, okay." She spoke like a nagging mom.

He smiled, "I'm down with that." She got up and walked to the door, "You better, because whether you like it or not you're stuck with me." She said as she closed the door. California did keep her promise, but she barely got any training done. Constantly checking up on a sleeping Washington and every time she closed the door it was with a small smile.

(Sorry if this chapter sucks, I needed a filler before I post the next REALLY BIG CHAPTER)