Chapter I -- Atlanta

Start from the beginning

"Man, you're wasting bullets we ain't even got! And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Man, just chill," T-Dog exclaimed, jumping in front of him.

"Bad enough I've got this taco-bender on my ass all day. Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day –"

"That'll be the day? You got something you want to tell me?

"Hey, T-Dog man, just leave it," Morales said.

"No!"

"All right? It ain't worth it."

"Now Merle, just relax, okay? We've got enough trouble." Glenn told him.

"You want to know the day?" Merle continued, obviously wanting to make everything worse than what it already was.

"Yeah," T-Dog said in an obvious tone.

"I'll tell you the day, Mr. Yo." Merle said, doing a sign with his hand. "It's the day I take orders from a nigger."

"Oh shit," I exclaimed as T-Dog jumped over Merle but he hit him with the gun and both started to fight. All of them hurried towards the pair, the new guy even got a punch in the process, as everyone kept telling them to stop.

Merle kept punching and hitting poor T-dog as he lied on the floor, defenceless. Merle sat on him and took out a small pistol, that's when all of us froze.

"No, no! Please! Please!" Andrea begged but the rest of us kept quiet, being terrified as we watched Merle on top of T-Dog.

"Yeah! All right!" Merle exclaimed as he stood up, still pointing his gun at T-Dog. "We're gonna have ourselves a little powwow, huh? Talk about who's in charge. I vote me. Anybody else? Huh! Democracy time, y'all," Merle continued as T-Dog crawled away from Merle and the others approached him and helped him. "Show of hands, huh? All in favour? Huh? Come on. Let's see 'em." Merle said as he raised his left hand.

All of us just stared at him in disbelief, Glenn and Jacqui were kneelt next to T-Dog, Andrea and Morales were next to them on their feet and I was behind Merle, just shaking my head at his stupid behaviour. The new guy was right next to me with his hand over his jaw, where Merle punched him.

"All in favour? Yeah, that's good." Merle kept talking as Jacqui raised her hand, with her middle finger up in the air, followed by Andrea. "Now that means I'm the boss, right? Yeah. Anybody else?Hmm? Anybody?" Merle was going to turn around to face when the new guy approached him and hit him on his head with the rifle, Merle fell to the ground. The new one quickly cuffed him to a pipe.

"Who the hell are you, man?!" Merle asked.

"Officer friendly. Look here, Merle, things are different now. There are no niggers anymore. No dumb-as-shit, inbred white-trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart."

"Screw you, man."

"I can see you make a habit of missing the point."

"Yeah? Well, screw you twice." I just shook my head at Merle, who was being his stupid, stubborn, offensive self.

"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun," New Guy said as he pointed the gun at Merle's head. "Only common sense."

The new guy dressed in a sheriff uniform said something else to Merle before standing up and joining us, leaving Merle cuffed. The rest of us kept looking down at the streets full of dead people and T-Dog was trying to communicate with the rest of our group that stayed in our camp. Merle just kept yelling insult after insult.