Chapter Thirteen

"Comfort"

Kelena's POV

I was driving home and I saw somebody I know before. I just ignored it just kept driving. Then I got home and I got out of the car. Before I got in the house I saw Candace sitting down in a chair on my porch crying with Ameriah in her arms. I asked her did she wanted to come in with Ameriah and she nod her head yeah.

I open the door and I let then in. She sat on the couch in the living room. She lays Ameriah down on the couch and I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. I got Candace and I two cold water bottles. I came back in the living room and I sat down by Candace.

I ask, “what's wrong with you? Did August leave you or something?”

No but he might,” She said while wiping her tears.

I sigh and I ask, “what did you do Candace?”

She start to cry again but harder and she said,“I cheated on August with another man.”

I felt so shock that Candace would cheat on her husband with another man. That really caught me off guard and it left me speechless. I couldn't believe that Candace would do something like that.

“Candace, how could you do that to August. I know he hasn't been at home for real but with who,” I told her.

“A guy named Adrian,”She said while looking down.

Candace why,” I said.

“I don't know I just got caught in the moment,” She said.

I just buried my face in my hands and I sigh. I'm wondering how Candace is going to tell August that she cheated on him. Maybe she did it more than one time but I'm not going to ask her about that.

Adrian's POV

Candace shouldn't have done that to me. I didn't know who I wanted to talk to so I called Traci. It took two rings and she answer saying, “hello.”

“Do you mind for me to come to your house?” I asked.

“Why Adrian?” She asked.

I cleared my throat and I replied saying, “I got some things to discuss with you.”

“Like what Adrian but I don't mind if you come,” she said.

“I'll talk about it when I get there,” I said.

Okay see you in a bit,” she said.

“Alright bye,” I said.

“Bye Adrian,” She said.

Then I hung up the phone and I went upstairs to get dress. I just realized that I'm falling for my assistant but I can't stop thinking about Candace. I need to stop thinking about a married woman. I need to stop because all we see in each other is lust. I'm just going to take my mind off Candace.

1 Week Later

August's POV

Ever since I came home, Candace have  been acting strange. She hasn't been talking to me or showing me some love. So I went in our bed room and she was laying in bed turn around from me. So I got in bed right by her to comfort her. Then she moves away and I ask,“what's wrong with you Candace.”

She turns around with a guilty look on her face and says,“August I've done something I really regret and you won't forgive me.”

“What did you Candace? ” I ask.

Then she start to form tears and she says,“I cheated August, I'm so sorry. ”

I start to walk away because I don't believe what she just said. I left the room and Candace kept calling my name and I kept ignoring. Then I heard her foot steps coming down the stairs. She kept on saying she was sorry and I always thought why are you sorry if had already did it.

Sorry it's really short but I really hope y'all like this chapter. Maybe in the next y'all would know what August did to Candace in the next chapter. Please read, comment what you think about the chapter the story. Also, please y'all vote on this chapter.

If y'all we're wondering who Kelena saw it was Travis.

P.S. Adrian lives across the street from Kelena.

Peace✌