Chapter Fourteen

*Lucy’s POV*

I can't believe Sam left and I didn't stop it.

"Shows how weak she really is." Dylan said. I frowned, not exactly at him, but still.

"She was the most powerful. She had the most powers and controlled them really well. She was the one that taught us our powers! She took the leadership when things got tough and she saved our families and friends. She’s a lot of things... But she isn't weak." I said. There was a slight pause as they all took in what I said while I stared at the spot Sam was last.

"Than why didn't you stop her?" Dylan said.

"It was her choice." I muttered.

            "You still could have saved her the heartbreak. She probably feels like no one likes her. Even though that's true. I mean, did you see her face? Anyways, I'm the new leader now so anything I say goes!" Dylan stated. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. I'm the leader. You're the newbie. Oh, and I'm not as nice as Sam so I have no problem hurting you." I deadpanned. Dylan smiled mockingly and put his hands on his hips.

"Aww, poor Lucy. She's jealous of her friends."

"I'd shut up if I were you." I grounded my teeth and wound up.

"Wh-" He was cut off with my fist. I stepped back proudly and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Don't upset me. I'm the leader because I'm Sam’s closest friend. So I would know what she would like the best for the future." I said. Dylan rolled his eyes as he rubbed his chin.

"Then why didn't you raise your hand? It's a simple motion."

"Because I was being stupid." I said. "Now, go to your tent." 

"No!" He yelled indignantly. Then he crossed his arms and stubbornly stuck out his chin. I scowled and crossed my own arms.

"Nina!" I called and Nina copied what Sam did and made a tent for him to go underground for a while. Nina smiled triumphantly and faced me.

"I'm learning a lot more with Earth bending. I'm a ninja! Awesome right?" Nina snickered.

"Yes. Ninja with a silent j (Nina)." I said to her with my own smile. "Hey! Liam!"

"What?"

"Sam said something about chips and stuff the first day, can you track her?" I asked. Liam made a screen in front of him and then said ‘Sam’. No red dot appeared and he frowned."That's funny. She said this would work! Here let me try something." Liam said and then typed in Sam. ERROR popped onto the screen and he groaned.

"That's just great." I muttered. "Where do you think sh-" I cut myself off. Sam’s probably on the other side of the world, which is China! Of course she goes to the farthest side away from us. I thought. Please let Sam be safe.

"Umm. Do you think we’ll have enough food? Sam’s the only one that seemed to be able to bend plants." Niall said to me. I swore the rainbow (colorful words).

"What do we have now?" I asked.

"She only lets us take what we need and we can't store any." Niall said. This time I swore at Sam. Now we have to get our own food somehow.

"Let's go hunting!" Nina shouted. Everyone but Dylan nodded. He just snorted and asked,

"What about wood, for the fire if we catch something?"

"We use Harry." I said.

"Hey! I am not a tool!" Harry yelled indignantly. I stared at him blankly for a moment and then shook my head.

"Fine, let's just go to bed without food. I’ll fix this later." I said and went into my empty tent. I knew that everyone except Dylan was sad Sam was gone. Everyone liked her but we didn't want to hear arguing all the time. I wish Dylan left. Everyone (But Sam and Dylan) has around three powers. It seems that Dylan only has one... DYLAN! He's still underground!

            "NINA!" Nina didn't look happy when she got out of bed.

"What?"

"We left Dylan underground."

"That's bad because?" She looked at me incredulously and tiredly. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"He needs air. We can’t just kill him."

"Ugh." With that she raised Dylan out of the ground but locked in place so he couldn't run away.