Chapter 37: A Treasured Memory

Start from the beginning

"Surprise me." He smirks.

We're taken into downtown, on-top of a roof top. We stand off to the side, watching as if we were in a movie.

"You're in a very dangerous place right now sweetheart." Loki appears from thin air.

"Feeling sentimental?" He asks, realizing it's the memory of the first time we met.

I stand up and turn around to him, completely calm. "It's actually very peaceful here." I stare at him.

I remember thinking how attractive he looked, but was totally throw off by his clothes.

"It is. What is your name?" He asks.

"Maddie. And you are...?" I pretend to know nothing.

"I am Loki. God of Mischief."

"You minx," he smirks, " you knew exactly who I was didn't you?" He asks as if he just realized this.

"Of course, I did." I nod.

"Ah, so you're the one who brought them here." I point at the aliens and he has a smug smile on his face.

"You are not scared?" He asks.

"I don't think I have anything to be scared of. Do I?" I ask.

"You did not." He comments. I roll my eyes, uh huh.

"You are very brave then." He starts to walk towards me.

"I've heard that." I stay still.

"Are you brave enough to come with me then?"

I laugh hysterically. I remember thinking how perverted and cheesy that sounded.

"Silence." He rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"I should get to my family." I try to act innocent and try to walk past him to the roof door.

"Liar." He comments again and I giggle.

"I will take you somewhere safe." He steps directly in front of me and put his hand on the side of my head.

"What are you-" I start but am stopped when his hand wraps around my arm. I collapse into his arms and he carries me bridal style.

"Damn, you're a dickhead." I scoff.

"Thank you." He smiles sarcastically.

"You'll be safe with me." He carries me in his arms.

"Cheesy." I fake cough.

He looks at me, "do I need to put a gag to your mouth? Let me enjoy this."

"Loki, leave the girl." Tony flies into the memory.

"My hero!" I grin. He glares down at me and I apologize, "sorry, sorry."

"Ahhh, if it isn't my old friend. Well, I can not do that. She is my... Souvenir from this trip." He chuckles a little.

"You can buy a snow globe from one of the stores if a souvenir is what you want." Tony says.

I stifle back my laugh at the comeback.

"She will suit my needs much better."

I let out my laugh while a smile curls at the corner of Loki's lips.

"She seems a little young to suit your needs brother. Now, drop her." A deeper more booming voice says sternly. Thor.

"Annoying." He scoffs.

"You want me to drop her my dear brother? Then you better catch her." Loki drops me and the memory fades.

"Woow, that was so nice of you." I say sarcastically.

"I told you, I knew they would catch you," he sighs, "and if they didn't, I would."

"I know, I know." I say. I think about what we had just saw. How far we've come. The things we've been through. "Isn't it crazy? How far we've come?"

He nods and a smile appears on his face. "Yes, we have come much farther than I'd ever believe we would." He puts his hand on the back of my neck and pulls me into his chest, kissing my forehead.

The action provides proof at the change in our relationship. Before, every single time he touched me, it would only be to weaken me. To cause me pain or trauma. But it's changed. His action are now to give me strength. Lighten my emotions. Even heal me.

He looks down at me, before saying, "now wake up, my love."

************************************
My eyes flash open to a bright light. I sit up, meeting Loki's gaze. My hand is in his and I'm on his bed in his cell.

Clint and Natasha are sitting at the edge of the bed. Cap, Tony and Bruce are off to the side talk.

Thor's leaned up against the wall and is the first to realize I'm awake. "You're back!" He walks over and kneels by the bed with a genuine smile on his face.

Clint and Natasha turn around, "kid!" Clint says excitedly.

I break my gaze with Loki to smile at all of them.

"Maddie!" Cap walks up. "You feeling alright kiddo?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nod enthusiastically.

"Alright, kid. We gotta do tests immediately to figure out what happened." Bruce says and I nod in understanding.

I stand up at the same time Loki does. Cap puts his arm around my shoulders leading me out as we all walk out of the cell... Just leaving Loki there.

"Wait!" I quickly turn before the cell door closes. I run up to Loki, wrapping my arms around his waist, since I'm too short to reach his neck. I hold him in the warm embrace and he stiffens for a while. He relaxes and puts his arms around my neck, hugging me back.

I mutter into his chest, "thank you."