souls without us

sirens pierce through the night that's been too far quiet and the blank stare on my face quickly twists into a scowl and i hurl my phone into the darkness. ( after all, no one has contacted me except for these traffic lights but i don't think they seem to comprehend that i can't read morse code. communication comes hard for me. ) there's an empty curb in the carpark tonight and it's been stained with leaked oil and worn by the weather but it's still good for a seat and here i am. alone and sitting in the parking lot at 3am watching as ambulances whizz by in a race against time to save a life. i wonder if it's the girl who can only seem to bleed out the praises to her Saviour this time. there's never a chance of survival for those who can only take their misery out on themselves and the graves they dig into their arms only seem to tell of the number of times they tried to flee back to their home in the clouds but they don't understand that they don't belong there. there's an insanity that develops from the tragedy of not having a reserved spot for them in Hell, nor Heaven, and certainly not one in the painfully mortal world. They say to always learn to accept our flaws, but it's no use if we've already carved each mistake and sin into our skin and maybe that's why we've allowed for valleys for anger to course through. The elders never seem to see the need to fulfill their roles anymore, and maybe it's true that they're always right. These days, we're the ones who paint ourselves in beautiful shades of black and blue when we really should have been the hues of riotous fireworks exploding against the midnight black sky. These days, we're the ones who sit in our little corner of our rooms and rip our heart to pieces like how we first learnt to tear paper apart years ago when innocence was still in bloom. oh dear, the heart rate monitor's faded into nothingness (again) and another shooting star has burned out and crashed into the ground. but it doesn't matter does it? as long as there's still a night full of bright, near-blinding stars, one tiny,dull star missing from its position in the constellation wouldn't matter at all.