Making Headlines

Tony Stark/Iron Man: Paparazzi flocks to Tony like starving seagulls, so of course someone catches a number of photos of you leaving the tower in a huff one day. It was over a trivial spat that you fixed later that night, but the next day there were pictures in all the celebrity magazines. Questions like "Is Stark Moving On Again?" and "Has The Hero Lost The Girl?" were splashed across the front pages, but were quickly put to rest.

Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk: It took years, but you finally did it. You finally made headlines in a prestigious scientific paper, and the fact that Bruce's name was next to yours made it even better. "Power Couple Makes Leaps in Gamma Research" is the title beneath a chic and professional photograph of the two of you, and your pride it in results in Bruce teasingly offering to frame it.

Steve Rogers/Captain America: Though Steve did his best to stay out of the public eye and away from cameras, such a feat was impossible in the modern day. As soon as the two of you were spotted together, stories and speculations started to fly. Jokes were made about the "96 Year Old Virgin Finally Getting It On." However, many believed that his 40's values meant that marriage was in the cards before anything else, which put uncomfortable pressure on your relationship, 

Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver: You were somewhere between amused and horrified when you saw the first magazine. Someone had taken a series of pictures of you and Wanda out on several of your frequent "girl time" shopping trips, which was already disconcerting. What made it worse was the headlines they milked from it - "Sparks Fly Between the Scarlet Witch and Her Brother's Savior." Then they got worse. Speculations of a love triangle between you and the twins began to pop up, disgusting Pietro and sending Wanda into a rage. You had to calm her with the reasoning that denial would only make them more sure of it, and the three of you simply let it fade from the public's interest.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye: Not long after you met Clint, the crooked scheme that first brought you together came to light. It was discovered that the business you worked for had been deeply involved, and your experience was dragged to the forefront. You were painted as many things - the victim, the Judas that gave the operation up, and most often the damsel in distress. Clint's involvement was hinted at too, which brought S.H.I.E.L.D. into the picture. This turned out to be a godsend when they immediately silenced the rumors and removed your name from the stories.

Thor: When you returned to earth for the first time, the news had a field day. After you had disappeared from the hospital, minimal notice had been taken, but when you reappeared and were noticeably different, the media exploded. Alien abduction was the favorite story, and one headline set under a picture of you and Thor wrapped in the Bifrost's rainbow beams screamed "Gods or Aliens?" It started out amusing, but when alien enthusiasts started encroaching your privacy, you and Thor made your return to Asgard and left the paparazzi to their own devices.

James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes/The Winter Soldier: Whenever Bucky wasn't with you, he was usually with Steve, and it didn't take long for the media to make something out of that. Rumors about the two of them begin to fly. "War Hero Lovers Reunite" and "Best Friends or Boyfriends?" are the most popular, much to the horror of both of them. They vehemently deny the claims until the headlines disappear, but it's an impossible task to complete wipe the idea from the public's minds.

-----

Author's Note: You'll notice that Loki isn't a part of this one. The reasoning behind that is that he stays in Asgard and Vanaheim in this storyline I'm creating, so it simply doesn't make sense to add him to this.