Chapter 28: The Revelations

"We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them." ― John Irving

A/N: Thank you for patiently waiting. I hope you won't forget to

VOTE ...

COMMENT ...

BE A FAN ...

AND SHARE TO EVERYONE ...

THANK YOU!

************

Marco Angelo Massaretti's POV

                    I FOLLOWED my grandma to her study, yet again to hear another story.

Her story is still reeling in my head and I'm completely floating with it. My head couldn't process it.

Nonno is a MAFIA LEADER?

And my instinct was right about the MAFIA THING, although nonna didn't exactly says nonno is, but her story indirectly says he is.

I have this feeling she knows more than she's telling me, but I'm not going to press her. I will take this matter into my own hands.

Although she's not sure if he continued what his great, great grandfather started, but, that's what she feels. Sometimes, she caught nonno working in the middle of the night, or sometimes he's on the phone talking discreetly inside his library.

And I know she's right. I remembered six years ago, he was in the library the whole days and nights working, and on the phone. Nobody is allowed to go inside except Rory and John. Even nonna wasn't allowed. And he's always brooding.

I didn't give much attention because I thought he was just stressed with his business. He owned a lot of businesses and he's a huge shareholder of almost every businesses in Italy, then in America.

Then I remember asking why didn't she let the authority to find the killer who shot nonno.

Nonna doesn't nonno's history to get revealed and the more their family and businesses will be jeopardized. Nonno's father is very infamous in Sicily and has been wanted for a while until he was killed. Rumour has it, he was killed by another group who wants to take control of their group in Sicily.

But then the night of that ball, the killer was then killed by someone and rumored spread that nonno killed him to avenge his father. There's authority involved to solve the case, but nonno was freed and found not guilty.

Nonna wasn't sure what really happened, but for long years nonno's name has been clear and he steer clear of any illegal operations, until now. The reason they had to moved to New York and lived here.

The code, she couldn't tell either. She looks undoubtedly telling the truth, so I dropped the topic.

Until now, it doesn't make sense to me.

Nonna motioned me to sit on the chair as she walks to their secured filing vault, which I obliged quietly. I was been very quiet and only talk when to ask. I'm still trying to process everything she had said. I couldn't believe I didn't know all these things.

After punching the security code, she pulled the vault's lid and opened it. She pulled a big album and carried it to the coffee table and she sat across me.

She opened the black and white old album and several men in their suit were sitting around a table with guns and looks like bills scattered on the table.

Nonna then started introducing their names and point who was my grandfather's father who was known as the high boss back then.

I stared at the man in the middle of the table, looking stiff and cold. His eyes are as sharp as an eagle and he looks like a tall guy with a broad shoulder. Massaretti was known for their intimidating looks.