Spending Time with the Bad Boy

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Serena's POV

The reprieve at my locker doesn't last as long as I had been hoping. I mean I get enough time to pack away all my things and get ready to head home so that's a plus. Before I can even shut the door to my locker, Becca appears on my left and giggles. 

Confusion covers my face. "What's got you giggling?" 

"Danny talked to me earlier about wanting to start the project today and I'm just a li~ttle bit excited."

"Yeah?" I smile. "Only a little?" I poke her in the tummy as I continue to tease her.

She shrieks softly and shoves me over. "Listen, you know, I wasn't expecting him to want to start so early. Honestly thought he'd just avoid it. I'm not gonna pretend that it doesn't make me happy."

Rolling my eyes playfully, I turn my body completely towards her and lean against the locker. "Hey, I'm not judging. I mean, I am, but playfully. I'm glad this makes you happy." 

"It does, but enough about me. What do you have planned for the rest of your day?"

"Uhh, food?"

She gives me a skeptical look. "Just food?"

I shrug and push some hair out of my face. "I mean I don't really have any plans. All I know is when I get home I'm gonna eat and then most likely gonna get started on some homework."

"Yeah, good plans."

"Yo Becca," someone calls from down the hall. We both turn to the general area of where the sound came from and, no surprise. It's Danny.

"Oh my god, oh my god. He's coming."

"Well he did say he wanted to start on the project so, makes sense."

"You don't gotta be so mean. Just useless nerves." She pokes me back and I stick my tongue at her. She ignores it and turns her attention to Danny. "Yeah?"

Looking as an outsider to this whole thing, it's very obvious as he stops in his tracks that her smile was unexpected to him. Kinda funny, actually. 

"Um, let's get started on the project, yeah?" he asks, his hand lifted onto his neck and rubbing at the skin there. 

"Okay," she grins, practically skipping to his side. 

When they begin to walk away, she turns her head back to me and mouths 'oh my god.' I mouth back 'good luck' in response. Watching them move towards the front of the school, I can feel myself smile in giddiness. I'm curious as to how there relationship is gonna grow--regardless if it will end up platonic or romantic. 

" How 'bout we start with our project, yeah." I jump from the sudden voice next to my ear.

"W-what?" Turning to my right, I see Jacob's face that is far too close for comfort. Stepping forward and turning to face him, I wait for him to respond. 

"I said let's start the project today." He wants to start it today? Really? I just wanted peace and quiet, and food. Is that to much to ask? I mean I know my plans weren't set in stone but come on!

"Why?" I ask, my arms crossing at my chest after readjusting my backpack. 

"So we can get it over with." Can't we get it over with another day?

"Really?"

"Yes, now let's go." At that, he grabs my wrist and drags me out of the school and towards the parking lot.