Spending Time with the Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

We keep walking until we reach a motorcycle. And all I can do is just stare at it. Oh no. 

"What? You scared, princesa?"

"Um... n-no." Yes. God, I'm such a bad liar. Gotta get better at that. 

"Really?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, it's just... never been on one," I mumble. This is so embarrassing. Even then, I can't break the eye contact we've kept. Because of that, I notice that his eyes look like they soften the tiniest bit. Most likely just imagining things.

"Alright, well, just put this helmet on." I put it on without hesitation (because safety) and he fastens the strap. My heartbeat quickens at the closeness of our faces even with the helmet in the way. I'm seriously thankful that my skin is dark enough where blush is not as noticeable.

"Alright get on," he says after mounting his bike.

I hesitate a little. He notices and sighs.

He reaches over and takes hold of my wrist, rubbing the bone with his thumb. "Hey, it's alright. I won't go too fast and all you have to do is hold onto me. Okay?"

That's it? I think I can do this. He wouldn't let me on this if he wasn't confident in his skills, right? And he wouldn't actually do something that would hurt me? Hopefully. I nod and step closer.

"Good. Now get on."

I get on, totally ungracefully, and gently wrap my arms around his torso, but not all the way. Now that I'm in this position, my nerves get shot all over again.

"Princesa, you have to hold on tighter or you'll fall off. I don't think you want that."

I don't. I'd rather not go to the hospital. Ever again. Dark memories cloud my mind, memories of the past I'd like to keep suppressed, and I squeeze my eyes shut tight in hopes of forgetting them. I completely wrap my arms around him and he starts his motorcycle. Then we speed off.

****

He is such a liar. He said he would go slow. This is not slow at all.

"Princesa open your eyes," he shouts over his shoulder. Is he serious?

"No." I refuse, resting my forehead on his shoulder. 

"Come on." He sighs. Now that I think about it... wait a minute.

"How do you know--" oh, I can feel my mouth run dry, this isn't fun. "know my e-eyes are closed?"

"I can tell." he replies smugly. " Just open them."

I do as he says, and the world zooms past my vision in a blur of colors. Maybe this is why he went faster. I mean the helmet visor impairs my full sight, and the speed that we're going at isn't helping either but, it looks different than when I'm in a car. 

"Wow." This is awesome.

Soon we stop somewhere that I can tell is not his house but I gotta wait for my vision to get unblurry to really take it in. My eyesight is so annoying. Even then, I can't see much from how I'm sitting behind him. 

"Alright. Can you get off by yourself?" Can I? My legs kind of feel like jello. 

"Probably not, to be honest."