There She Is

She won't stop staring at me! Damn this bird is creepy. I thought awkwardly to myself.
The girl I was looking at before, who wouldn't even look up from the floor, was suddenly staring at me as if I'd morphed into the bloody queen. She had the biggest dopey smile on her face and, for some odd reason, seemed more in color. Before, she seemed rather grey and shy, but now, she pretty much lit up the whole room. But the way she was smirking at me, I couldn't tell if it was fascination or disapproval. I didn't really care what she thought, I just wanted her to stop staring at me. Every time I glanced at her, she was staring at me with the dopiest look in the world. All at once, I realized I'd been staring at her more than anyone in the room. Either she was fascinated with me, or I was fascinated with her...hell, it might have even been both.
As soon as she noticed I was staring at her, her face completely changed, like she didn't know what to do with this turn of events. I thought she was gonna look at the floor again, or start crying, or even leave. Instead, she gave a very shy yet sunny smile and the smallest hand wave possible. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do, so I did what I'd normally do on any other night, I winked and smiled back. For some reason, she didn't react as if she was just winked at by Paul McCartney, a member of the Beatles, one of the most famous bands in the world. She just reacted like someone she barely knew smiled at her or complimented her. She didn't really know what to think, but she was still happy to know that someone smiled at her. For some reason, I liked that reaction much better than the hundreds of girls screaming like banshees and passing out. For some reason, the only thing I could think was, There she is.

I'm aware it's short but the POV keeps bouncing around. So, tomorrow's my birthday. YOUNG AND SWEET ONLY 17 OH YEEEAAAH! Great now I have that stuck in my head. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, It's been too long, Wafflebunnies, I miss you guys.
~Maeve