Alice, and other circles of hell

I packed up my desk the next day, trying to get out as quickly as possible, wanting to avoid my coworkers and hoping to God that they didn't notice that I wore a legitimate dress to work that day. Normally, I wore a grey skirt and sweater with a white blouse and my hair in a bun or, if I really didn't care, I came to work in black dress pants and a white button shirt. But today, I came to work in, oddly enough, a light blue dress that just went past my knees. The sleeves went halfway down my arms, just stopping at the elbow, and I wore a navy sweater to go with it. In all honesty, I looked rather colorful and bright. In fact, I actually looked pretty. But, beauty wasn't my goal that day, my goal was to actually do something that didn't have to do with work.
Finally, the clock, which seemed extra slow that day, read 6:00 and it was time to leave. Come on, come on! I thought. If I can pack up my desk just in time maybe I won't have to- "Hey Martha!" Bugger. I thought. Behind me was Alice, the other intern. And believe me, she was much more keen about the job than I was, well I was more keen about the job, she was more keen about the perks. Alice was the card of the office, everyone loved her, from her springy blonde hair to her sunny attitude, while I decided to focus on my work and not goofing around. Alice was often nice to me, but it seemed really fake and condescending. She also gossiped quite a bit, which I was not fond of. Ever since she "accidentally" let it slip that I was related to a celebrity, I was swarmed for months about autographs and other shite like that (I just prayed they wouldn't find out whom the said celebrity was, because I'd never hear the end of it).
"Going anywhere special tonight?" She said with a small wink.
"What makes you say anything like that?" I said nonchalantly as I slipped on my sweater.
"Well the clothes for one reason. You normally wear something grey to work. Why the sudden change of pace?"
"It's Friday, no work for two whole days. That's something to celebrate."
"You don't normally wear anything colorful on Fridays."
"Well, that's my business." I said as I tried to scamper to the door."That's not the only thing I noticed." She said.
"Hmm?" Was my only reply.
"You seem more excited than normal. You usually just dit about trying to get your work done so you can go home early."
She noticed. Then again, I couldn't really hide how excited I was. I didn't really want to admit this, but I was really eager to get to this concert. I mean, I hadn't seen Ringo in over a year and he was my best mate since we were kids.
"Do you have a date?!" She squealed excitedly.
"No." I said flatly.
"Well then why else would you get all dressed like that unless you were going someplace nice?"
I looked down at my dress and sweater. "This isn't really all that fancy." I replied. "You're more dressed up than I am." Okay, that was actually true, she always wore the prettiest skirts and blouses and always wore high heels.
"Just tell me who your date is. Do I know him?"
"For the last time, I'm not going on a date. Just taking a bit of an off night." I said as I nonchalantly patted my pocket, where the ticket and barcode was.
"You're going to a concert?!" For acting like such a plonker, Alice was actually kinda smart. "It's a concert isn't it?"
"Uuhm..." I stammered.
"Okay, who's really popular nowadays....hmmm I've never really seen you listen to anything, then again no one ever listens to anything in the office, music isn't really allowed..."
"See you next week, Alice, Martha." Said our boss as he strode towards the door. As he walked outside, he started whistling a song. I want to hold your hand by The Beatles. For a second, I actually smiled, a genuine smile. I want to hold your hand was most likely my favorite song. It had a nice rhythm, catchy lyrics and a really nice meaning, if someone sung that to me personally, I'd probably faint.
Alice obviously noticed because as soon as that smile crossed my face, she suddenly squealed, "It's The Beatles isn't it?!"
"What? Why would you say-"
"Oh my gosh, I love their music! Do you think I could tag along?"
"Uuhm, well..." I stuttered, trying to be polite, "Ringo only gave me one-"
"Wait, Ringo? Ringo Starr? Ringo the drummer for The Beatles, one of the most famous guys in the world, Ringo?"
I was silent.
"YOU KNOW RINGO EFFING STARR?! How in the hell did you meet him? Wait a minute...he's your celebrity relative isn't he?! Oh my goodness, you're so lucky! Are you sure I can't tag along? I mean, Ringo is your cousin, I'm sure you don't even need a ticket to get in, I mean, you have plenty of pull just knowing them, you could probably invite the whole office, you know what? We should do that, we should take the whole office for a night out and you could get us all past the door and we could meet them, and and..."
As Alice ran her mouth about this for several minutes straight, I crept towards the door, because she was so wrapped up in that night out that was most likely never going to happen. Alice quite obviously didn't know how the real world worked.
I was so relieved as I got out of that boring hell. As soon as I hopped in my car, this new feeling came over me. I was actually excited to see Ringo and meet his friends. I wanted to hear his music and I wanted to experience something not work related and I wanted to get away from all those poxies that I worked with. I'd only heard a few of their songs and they were all extremely good. But I was even more excited to hear them live and to hear more of them. At least I'd have something to listen or look forward to when I went back to work.

* * * *

The Cavern Club was a very hard place to find. By that I mean it was a very discreet place (no signs or anything) and it was extremely hard to find a parking space, mostly because of the Pangea of fans surrounding the building. Looking for a parking space that was less than a mile radius away was hopeless.
I huffed and wheeled the car into reverse as I looked for someplace to park. It was very hard not to hit any of the screaming fans who were lining up around the block. It had started to get dark by the time I passed the end of the line. I looked at my watch. 6:59. Well bloody hell. I thought sadly. Looks like I'm gonna be late. I was very much looking forward to the concert and now I'm gonna miss a load of it just trying to find a spot.

Dude, I had a three day weekend and it was long enough.
I was able to reconnect with Beatles Rock Band which I haven't played since last summer. It took me until three am to get to sleep last night and I am beyond annoyed. How was your day?
So what do you wafflebunnies think of the fanfic so far? Sorry I'm not as creative with my author's note as usual. School has been so overbearing.
Love you guys
~Maeve