Chapter 12

Karkat nearly fell asleep in Sollux's car. The soft hum of the expensive vehicle was enough to lull him to sleep. It was only when the car made the turn onto the driveway that Karkat really woke up. He sat up a little straighter, and looked out the window.

They had pulled up in a nice neighborhood, a good sized house in front of them. The front door was a honey yellow, and the rest of the house was a pale brick. Bushes littered the front yard, and several blue and red flowers sprung from the ground. Karkat was pretty sure he'd never seen blue flowers before.

He was pulled from his trance as he heard Sollux's car door slam. He got out himself and stretched. Sollux smiled at him, stepping forward to take his hand.

Looking up with half-lidded tired eyes, Karkat offered a tight-lipped smile. Sollux grinned back, turning back to his home and leading Karkat in.

"You can take the bed ." Sollux offered, bringing his boyfriend up the stairs. "I can make a bed on the floor."

Karkat, too busy looking around at the home, snapped his glance back to Sollux with furrowed eyebrows. "What?" He asked, frowning. Sollux laughed. "You can sleep on the bed tonight." He repeated.

For whatever reason, Sollux laughing brought back the memory of Dave laughing. That thought evoked the one of Dave apologizing. Is it possible Dave was being honest? Did he really not hear him? The party was loud...

Back in reality, Sollux had brought Karkat into his bedroom. He looked at the vacant Karkat sitting on his bed and he bit his lip. Damn, he was hot. "Here." Sollux said, tossing him a pair of sweatpants. "You can change." He offered, tugging off his own shirt.

The sound of his boyfriends voice brought Karkat to reality again. For the 400th time. He really needed to get some sleep. "Thanks." He mumbled, pulling off his shirt as well. His cheeks were a bright red as he glanced at Sollux's bare chest. He was suddenly hit with the insanely strong urge to touch it. Blushing darker, he looked away and changed his pants.

Sollux, however, was busy watching Karkat. He was glad the bet with Eridan was over someone attractive at least. He himself looked away as he slipped on pajama pants as well.

Karkat yawned, laying down in the bed. As Sollux shut off the light, Karkat's eyes began to slowly shut. He was in the middle of being tugged into dream land when he remembered.

Kanaya.

------

Dave and Aradia's dancing had ceased, and only because a drunk Rose had pushed herself between the two. Dave was surprised to find out that Rose was a happy drunk. He didn't exactly know what he had expected. One second, he was kissing a beautiful girl, and the next, Rose was hiccuping all over him.

"D-D-Dan. Dave. I-I meant to say Dave." A laugh. "I want... I want to go home. With Kanaya." Rose brought her face very close to Dave's. "We kissed." She 'whispered'.

Dave raised an eyebrow, and took a step back. "You're drunk."

"Mmm... Just a little lot of a bit."

"That didn't make any sense."

"Okay, b-but... The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. They have the same tune."

"Holy fuck Rose, what the hell were you smoking?"

"Kanaya's lips."

"You're not going to remember any of this."

Taking a deep breath, Dave looked to a pissed Aradia. "This is my sister." He introduced, sighing.

Aradia smiled. "Let's save the introductions for a time when she'll remember who I am."

Dave smiled back. "Good idea. Need a ride?" He asked.

"Kanaya does!" Rose interjected, pushing herself between the two again. "My perfect, a-amazing Kanaya needs a-a rise... Ride! A ride to... My house, Dan. She needs a r-ride."

Dave shut his eyes and took a deep breath. "Where is she?"

"Mmm... I..." Rose turned and looked around the room. "There!"

Dave frowned. The hot troll he had seen with Rose earlier was passed out.

Great.

~

Yo ho ho how is everyone? I have like two things I really want to tell you guys, and they are that (1) I will be going to Nekocon 18 in Virginia November 7th and 8th. If any of y'all are going, I think it'd be pretty awesome to meet some of you guys. I'll be there as Poison Ivy and one of my best friends will be Roxy, so look out for us! Message me if you're going maybe? (2) Said friend has a Davekat fanfiction out right now, and I actually really really enjoy it, and I think you guys would too. Her user is oneofthosecoolkids, so please, please check her great stuff out. I HIT 2K READS GUYS AND I ABOUT CRIED I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND I WANT TO HUG YOU AAAAAAAAH YOU GUYS ARE GREAT I LOVE YOU!!!

-etymon