"That makes no sense.." I tease, "and besides, I have to work and so do you, babe," I respond, suddenly catching myself saying babe, but it's too late. Sure I've wanted some sort of nickname or pet name for him, he has a book full for me and I liked the thought of calling him babe back would be cute. I didn't want to do it now though.

His lips tilt to a teasing smile. "Babe?"

"I can't pull that off can I?" I laugh at my expense.

He starts chuckling, smiling brightly at me, "You're too cute, princess. Call me whatever you want to. Come on, let's get you to work, yeah?"

I'm surprised, "Oh, you wanted to take me?"

Harry peppers kisses on my forehead before answering, "I don't want to, I'd love to." He nods his head the direction behind him and we get our things and go, holding hands on the walk from upstairs to his parked car.

The not even five minute drive to work goes by quick, and the whole time I couldn't stop looking out the window, glad to see civilization. It had been too long since I went outside, seeing Hampstead's cloudy skies, the busy streets and crowded sidewalks. The lovely brisk air, black taxis and busses, tall buildings; I missed this more than I thought I would.

I hear Harry's voice taking me out of my trance, "Rachel I hope you have a wonderful day. You look beautiful, baby."

I turn to him, seeing from his window we've arrived at the cafe. He gives me a warm smile and I lean over the console to kiss him.

After I pull away I tell him, "Thank you, hope you have a good day too." I grab my purse and open the door of the car to exit.

"Go work your little sweet ass off, I know how excited you are on the inside. I'll try to come home earlier." Harry calls after me, sticking his tongue out playfully.

I blow him a kiss before walking as fast as I can inside the cafe.

Matthew is behind the counter, helping out customers and I see two other coworkers, one of them I believe his name is Phillip and the other Lacey, who today I am deciding to make a new friend and finally get to know her.

"Rachel! Lovely to see you back here!" Matthew cheers as he finishes with his business. I see the other employees look at me, then look back, not an emotion.

Hmm..

I remember to smile back at Matthew as I head behind the counter to him and drop my thoughts. I'm greeted with a side hug, then Matthew pulls my apron out from under the counter.

"I'm glad to be back, thank you," I say politely, taking it from him and putting it on.

"Hope you remember what I taught you last week. Do you?"

"Yes, I remember how to make lattes! I made sure I wouldn't forget." I assure him.

"Great! I'm going to be in the kitchen, so if you need anything either ask Lacey, who will be up here with you, or come and ask, okay?"

I nod at him as I tie my apron. "Thank you so much again for, you know, being understanding that I couldn't work. I promise I'll work hard."

"I know you will. I'm glad you're here and doing better. Got to go!" He grins at me, his blue eyes buzzing before he makes his way to the kitchen.

Lacey comes out from the kitchen and to the counter, looking at me for a second before organizing the countertop. She's a bit taller than me, skinnier too. She fits well into her apron, and her makeup is quite good, I'm actually quite jealous of how pretty she is. I think we could get along? I haven't done the whole 'introducing myself to make friends' thing in a long time, and I know I'm bad at it. I look to see no customers so I see this as a good opportunity to really introduce myself. There's no problem in trying.