Chapter 7: Written In the Stars

After your chat with your father, the only thing you want is to see Karkat. You know Dirk is getting ready to leave for wherever it is he's going, so you're glad to steal the troll away for a bit. When you enter the room, Dirk is in the process of changing into more casual clothes as Karkat changes into a pair of Dirk's pajamas. Neither seem to yet notice your presence, "Dave is going to keep you company for a while, correct?"

Karkat nods, "I believe so."

"Alright. I'll be back." He leans down and presses his lips to Karkat's, "I'll see you soon"

The troll blushes and nods, smiling slightly "I'll be here."

You knock loudly on the door, hoping to interrupt whatever they were doing. Dirk tries to not sound annoyed, making Karkat snigger, "Come in."

You open the door and call out "Is everyone decent?" You ask this mostly to embarrass Dirk.

It works and he flushes "Unfortunately..."

"Are you saying you want to be indecent? You've got a dirty mind." You grin and walk in.

He narrows his eyes and ignores you, pecking Karkat's lips again, "Good luck with him, my love." Karkat chirps happily as Dirk ruffles the trolls hair, walking towards the door and shooting you a warning glance. You make an "okay" sign with your pointer finger and your thumb, giving him an innocent look. Then you smirk and lick your lips, giving him the, "Keep-Your-Fiancé-On-A-Short-Leash-Or-I'll-Eat-Him-For-Dessert" look as you stick your free pointer finger into the hole you'd created with your other hand. He snarls and mouths "hands off", dragging his thumb across his neck in the "your dead" kind of way. You put your fingers to your lips in a V shape and stick out your tongue.

He looks back at Karkat, "Are you sure I should trust you alone with him?"

The troll chuckles and stands on his tiptoes, hugging him, "Yes. Hurry back."

Dirk sighs, "Fine."

He kisses Dirk's cheek "I love you."

Your smile drops for a moment, but no one sees. "I love you too, brother. Hurry back for me, too, would you?"

He smirks a little, "Of course. I love you both. Be good." He kisses Karkats temple before leaving.

"Don't I get kisses?!" You call after him.

He rolls his eyes and walks back in, dipping you back and smothering your face with kisses before pulling you back up to your feet, "Satisfied?"

"Yes. I may die happy now. Thank you" you laugh and push him away.

He shoves you back and sniggers, "I'm leaving this time," he waves as he actually leaves this time around.

You wave back and then turn to Karkat "Hello again."

"Well, hello again." He smiles.

"I'm guessing you haven't gotten a tour of this fine hell hole."

He shakes his head, "Not yet."

"Well, it looks like youre getting one right now. You have no say in the matter," you hold your hand out. He rolls his eyes playfully and takes it, you pulling him out the door. "To your left you'll see a corridor. To your right, you'll see the other side of the corridor. Its quite an interesting corridor. I've never fallen in this one. I've never done anything in here. In fact, I was wrong. This corridor is boring. Dirk had to choose the boring side of the palace." Karkat yawns exaggeratedly. "Alright, alright , I see how it is," You drag him to the end of the corridor and up some stairs.