Part 6

October 2017, Paris

“Last night was mental!” Louis yelled in disbelief as he entered Zayn and Niall’s hotel room.

“Yeah man!” Zayn agreed.

“Who knew ending a tour in France would be that great?” Liam joined in the conversation as he was entering behind Louis.

“America was awesome, but France, was just…” Zayn added not entirely knowing how to finish his sentence.

It was the morning after their last show of the world tour. It was the first time the boys ended in Paris.

Their world tours usually end in London or the States, but last night they got to play in an open arena under the Eiffel tower, which made the event even more French. They all had a great night.

“I didn’t know Niall could still do those jumps at twenty-four.” Liam teased.

“Hey, there will come a time that I won’t be able to jump like that anymore.” Niall laughed.

“Stop that mate. You’re making me feel old.” Louis pouted.

“But we are old. We’re grownups now. I can’t even believe how still we have that much audience.” Liam added sadly.

“We grew older, but I will never ever grow up!” Louis declared.

He didn’t like feeling sentimental. They were already in their mid twenties. They’ve been on the top for seven years now, and he knew that eventually they won’t be wanted that much anymore. Now that there are new rising boy bands who are much younger, and even more commercial than they are.

Justin Bieber already lost his fan base due to his drug addiction; Miley Cyrus has been divorced twice; Taylor Swift is single and pregnant to a child whose father was never revealed. It was like the Mickey Mouse Club all over again. Everyone else was now expecting the boys of One Direction to break up and fail.

But the boys can never, ever disappoint their fans like that. Probably in bits whenever rumors about Zayn cheating and Harry womanizing, or Niall becoming unprofessional, but they get through those kinds of issues, because those are just rumors, and their fans already know what to believe and what to support.

Louis’ secret wedding with his long-time girlfriend created a bit of a drama, but the fans understood how much Louis loves Eleanor and they’ve been accepting of that, same as how they have managed to accept Liam’s engagement.

These so-called issues doesn’t make them lose a lot of people in their fan base because these are not harmful to them, these makes them happy, and it makes the fans happy as well, and love them even more.

Niall still wasn’t complete. It’s been more than four years since he last saw Julianna, and he has never been the same as before. Although now, he’s not that depressed anymore. He’s happy, and understanding, and not as mean and hateful as he was during those first few months but anybody who really knew him knows that he’s not the same anymore. There was something missing with Niall. There’s been a hole inside him that hasn’t been filled for a long time now, and no matter how many people try, it’s still not the same.