Part 2

May 2013, Rue Cler

The morning came too slow for Julianna; she didn’t have the weakness to actually fall back to sleep. She found herself thinking about Niall again. She thought about what he was doing at this exact same moment. She wondered where he was in the world right now, as she didn’t have any access to internet. She missed him, she even missed the other lads.

She kept checking her watch every few minutes and felt that it almost wasn’t moving. She tried tossing and turning earlier, but gave up when she realized that tonight was going to be another sleepless night.

After a few moments, she checked her watch again and felt relieved that it said 6AM, she stood up and peeked outside the curtain of the bedroom balcony and found that the sky was beginning to brighten on the horizon and a little of daybreak had already strained through the clouds. She went back inside into the kitchen and warmed up some coffee. Beside the coffee machine was a refrigerator where a calendar was taped to. It was a Wednesday, she’s been in Paris for a month now.

A nineteen-year-old girl who was fifteen weeks pregnant and living alone in a town with a language she didn’t understand. As menacing as it sounds, Julianna was excited. It was not a walk in the park, but she loved every bit of it. After breaking up with Niall, she didn’t know how she could keep the fact that she was carrying his baby. Because she was publicly his girlfriend for a while, people around London, and probably the world knew who she was. She needed to leave, and what better place to go to than Paris?

Despite the enchanting feeling her newfound independent freedom entailed, she felt like a hypocrite living off of her parents’ wealth. Back in the UK, her parents were known as the dynamic duo that was on the top in the fashion industry.

They were the reason she met Niall, but they were also part of the reason why her relationship with him was a mess. They didn’t like him for her; they think the Irish popstar who didn’t get to finish school was going to be overrated too soon. Niall knew how much she hated being the “daughter of Steven and Victoria Garth: owner of Garth Clothing Co.” She would always roll her eyes at the shallowness of her parents. Despite Niall’s fame, fortune and his talent, they still looked down at him, but all he ever gave them back were his cheeky smiles and his good manners. He never judged them, like they did with him.

Julianna has always wanted to leave her parents home and be on tour with Niall. She wanted to be away from the craziness that her parents’ name would bring. She wanted to thrive on her own talent and perseverance, not because she was the heir to Garth Clothing Co. She wanted to be involved in the music-making industry and tour the world with her boyfriend, but Niall had to break up with her, and she was left with disapproval from her parents and their constant “I told you so.”

Victoria wanted her grandchild aborted. She couldn’t bear embarrassing the “Garth” name with an irresponsible pregnant teenage daughter, but Julianna managed to convince her that she would hide out somewhere far and have the baby there. They told the media that Julianna has gone to Asia to fashion school and promised to take over their company after a few years.

“I’m sorry babe, that was the deal I made to keep you alive.” She sighed as she talked to her bump again. She had no idea if her child was going to be a girl or a boy, all she knew was, after a few years, she will come back to London with this child as her “orphaned cousin.”