Chapter 8

I grasped my luggage from Javi and Reed.

"Why can't you come?" I whine again.

"Allison, I'm sorry but you know we can't afford it. Trust me you will be in good hands. Mark is the most trusted out of my brothers, he will treat you well and Deborah is more than happy to accommodate you." Reed says.

"You have to go Allison," Javier reminds me.

"Fine, I will miss you guys," I kiss each of them on the cheek.

"Trust me you will kick ass out there girl," Javi says with a wink.

"Thanks. Bye."

I take off and check in my luggage, and take my carry on heading to terminal 4. I love airports. I missed them too. The excitement of going somewhere and seeing all there people going some where is so much fun. My parents used to bring me and my sisters on trips about twice a year and it was so much fun. Europe to sight see, Montana to hike, Across the US to hike and see national parks, Nepal to help with farms, India to help build schools.

I get to gate 33 and take an empty seat.

•-•-•-•-•

For the past 2 hours I watched planes take off and land and take off and land and- well you get it. I got onto the plane and took my seat, row 27, seat B, on the isle. I sat down next to this (quite attractive) guy.

"Hello, My name is Derek Wilson, I will be spending the next 5 hours with you." The guy says with a thick German accent.

"Hi Derek, I'm Allison, Allison Carter, nice to meet you. May I ask where you are from?"

"I'm from Frankfort, Germany. My parents wanted me to have an American name if you are wondering why my name isn't German. Isn't it like stereotypical American? We moved here when I was 16." He said with a laugh. "Where are you from?"

"Freeport, New York." I said with a small smile.

"Uh do you have any pets or siblings?"

"Nope. You?" I lied.

"I have a dog named Cora and 1 brother, Nick who's 17 and sister Alexis who's 14, that's about it." He spoke with this (incredibly sexy) accent.

For the next 2 hours we talked. He is 22, goes to UCLA and was visiting his Dad, and step mom, step brother, Nick, and sister Alexis. His real mom died when he was 16 so they moved to America. He likes vanilla ice cream and hates chocolate. Favorite color is blue, hates orange.

He didn't get a lot of information out of me but he didn't seem to be a taken back from that. He seemed to enjoy talking about everything. He was an open book, unlike me.

•-•-•-•-•

We landed in LAX 21 minutes late. I said bye to Derek and we exchanged numbers. Oh did I mention he's single..?

I went to look for Mark or Deborah, not knowing what either of them looked like. I looked around and saw a old man with a tiny dog in his arms while his (I'm guessing daughter) was pushing him in his wheel chair. Nope that's not them. I saw a bunch of people from different car rental businesses with their signs and in their suits. Then a young looking woman caught my eye. She was short, and had long black hair all the way down to her lower back. She was holding a sign saying, ALLISON CARTER. That must be me.

"Hello are you Allison?" The woman asks.

"Yup that's me. Are you Deborah?"