Chapter 3

I woke up extra early to ensure I got a shower. After my shower I threw on leggings and a sweatshirt, the usual. I tied my hair up into a high pony tail, grabbed my bag and walked out. I didn't want to have to jog to school so instead of watching Steelers highlights, I left for school at 7:01. I shouted 'Bye' to my aunt and in response heard a muffled scream.

I threw my bag on to the porch and ran inside, up to her room. On my way I grabbed the baseball bat, at least we brought that with us on our latest move. I open the door to see my drunk aunt being punched by a man that was twice her size.

"Oh the younger one is here," the man came over to me with his hands out obviously drunk as well. Drunk at 7 in the morning, classy. I took the bat from behind my back once he was close enough and hit him as hard as I could in the head. I dropped my bat accidentally. He took a few steps back and then came at me with his face red with fury.

He came at me again and tried to grab me. I punched him in the jaw, which set him back again. I grabbed the bat and looked over to where my aunt is sitting, watching me get attacked.

"I thought you said I could have her. What the hell?" The man yelled at my aunt.

Not again.

The man looked more angry than I have ever seen a man and trust me, I have seem a lot of angry men. He threw a sloppy punch at me and I dodged it easily. I took the bat and hit him once more and he fell over with a loud thump.

"You're welcome." I snap at my aunt.

"No, you're welcome, I bargained with him for the price to take you and got you at $100 dollars, he was saying $75," she slurred not in the right state of mind. But was she ever?

"Thanks, great to know I am worth $100. I have to get to school now," I say with every word coated with sarcasm.

"O-oh yeah about that- You should stop going."

"What?" I yell, "I can't just drop out. That's the only place I can get away from this hell hole!"

"Don't give me this shit again! I am giving you a roof and food. I am your legal guardian."

"Well you won't be much longer," I scream, picking up a hair brush. "And what food? I have to race horses on weekends so I can feed us. You don't even work, you don't do a thing and I'm a teenager who's supposed to go to the mall on Saturdays or the beach on Sundays but no, not me. I'm stuck racing horses. You're the worst guardian I could ask for," I snarled, throwing the hairbrush at her. "I should be going to school to get an education but here I am defending you with a baseball bat as you try to sell my body. You're ridiculous."

She looks a little a shocked from my little speech but then says really calmly, "What do you mean 'not for long' Allie?" She must have not even listened to the end, she just was hung up on my first words.

"Not when I report you. And only my friends call me Allie."

"What friends, Allison? That's right you got none. We had to move because you got expelled for punching some dumb ass kid! Do you know how hard it was to leave my network and get in this one."

That's right we had to move because I got expelled for punching their 'star quarterback'. His 'girls' would bully me to no end, humiliate me, start rumors, etc.. It was awful. So he came up to me and started saying I was fat, loser, had no friends, no one loves me or ever will, blah blah blah. I thought only girls did that, well his girlfriend had him wrapped around her finger and he did anything to keep her with him. I slapped this boy who easily had 7-8" on me, tried to walk away, he tried to punch me but I was quicker and blocked it. Then I punched him and broke his jaw. And that ladies and gentlemen is the reason why that school lost state championships, because little Allison (I shouldn't say little) broke the quarterbacks jaw and put him out for the season. It was his senior year too which sucked for him. We moved a school district over in result of it all.