(23) "Little Gremlin..."

Passing through the hallways is a blur in my memory. I was only focused on getting outside before the BLUs got any closer to us. I used my shoulder to bust through the closed Stock room door and dash outside before I wasted any more time. The sun shone brightly and the heat hit me like a truck, but I tossed the thought aside. I had no idea how long I'd been talking to Sniper, but I assumed it was long enough, and since the Administrator hadn't said anything since, I predicted that not much had happened since the last announcement.

I bolted towards the sound of heavy gunfire and the smell of gunpowder, my feet pounding the dirt one after another at a rapid pace. My heart was already pounding, but that was the least of my concerns at the moment. I quickly observed what was happening.

Spy was nowhere to be seen, of course, he could've been all the way on the other side of the BLU base by then. The Engineer was setting up a teleporter entrance by the garage door, so focused on his work that he didn't seem phased when I had shot past him. Demo was launching a couple sticky bombs towards the BLU Engineer's Sentry that was hidden on the other side of a huge boulder. I would hear the Phoom of the bomb as it shot out of the gun, accompanied by a satisfying Crack as I saw parts of their sentry fly away. Soldier was rapidly running towards the cart that I had now noticed was only a good 20 feet away from the next point. He quickly aimed his rocket launcher at the ground, blasting himself into the air, he whipped out his shovel and easily was able to land right on the cart, warding off any nearby BLUs. He seemed to stumble once he hit, a crack splitting the air, but he seemed to be alright for the time being.

Pyro quickly ran to accompany the Soldier as the BLUs recovered from his move and started to come back in what was left of their group. A shower of bullets rained down on both of them as the BLU Scout reached first. Pyro turned, quickly attempting to incinerate him, but couldn't turn fast enough, for the Scout just grazed past him, pumping bullets into his chest. I observed calmly as he stumbled back against the cart, quickly calling for the Medic. I looked around. I knew that if I saw our Heavy that I would most likely see him close by, but I was surprised to find that that wasn't quite the case this time. Heavy was at the front lines, trying to pump bullets into anything that moved. He was alone.

I huffed. Where the hell was the Medic anyway? I pumped my Scattergun and ran to accompany Heavy as he continued to spin up his Minigun repeatedly. As I did so I rammed into something, making me stumble sideways. I recoiled and looked in time to see a blue outline of a man before it vanished once again. I grunted and fired towards it, the BLU Spy popping back into my sight, crying out, at least ten bullet holes appearing in his lower back before he dropped to the ground. I walked to him, stepping on his wounds and making him grunt with pain, turning his head to look at me. The cigarette in his mouth dropped to the ground as I put more weight on him. He grit his teeth, hissing in agony, his whole body writhed under my foot. In a last resort he grabbed my other ankle, pulling and almost making me lose my balance. I yelped as I heard him speak.

"Didn't y-your mother ever tell you not to play with your food?" I huffed again as I leaned into him. He shook. "B...Brûle en enfer..." He choked out.

I grit my teeth, aiming at his head and a Bang filled the air as blood and brain matter splattered out of the other side of his head, some of it splashing onto my clothes. He fell limp under me. I didn't know what he had just said, but I didn't care either. In my chest was spreading a new feeling...something that Pyro had tried to describe to me before. I noticed that he was only my second kill, but this one I actually had time to process. Did...did I just play with him before I killed him? I couldn't have lost myself...I shook my head. It didnt matter. He was a BLU...and he was gone now.

But something about the last thing he said...it was making me slightly uneasy as I ran back to the Heavy, going back to what I was doing before.

"The bomb is nearing the next terminus!"

"Damnit!" I yelled, running back towards the cart, Heavy following behind me. Soldier and Pyro were now down, and I was glad that no one had finished them off yet. I ran to them, standing guard to make sure no one did so.

"Medic!" I shouted, hoping that tables would turn and he would finally get his ass moving before the men below me bled out. I waited, pacing in my spot to make sure I wouldn't get sighted by the...

"The Sniper..." I muttered, looking up at the BLU base. I remembered that I'd never even figured out if he was still alive or not, but I kept up my pacing. "Come on..." I looked back up again to the base, eyeing the perch windows at the top. I watched for a muzzle of a rifle sticking out of one of the windows, but to my suspicion, I saw nothing in the windows. I sighed in frustration, pacing and watching.

"MEDIC!" This time I yelled at the top of my lungs. That's when Pyro started to cough. It sounded strained and gurgled, and I was starting to get worried, I paced faster.

"OOF!" I was suddenly thrown off my feet, tumbling to a stop a few feet away, my gun held close to my chest as I lie bewildered on the ground. I struggled to stand up but was very quickly overtaken by someone who was standing over me, he grabbed my arms and shoved me back to the ground. I yelled out as I hit the ground again, the impact making my cry hitch in my throat. He was now on his knees, starting to hunch over me. I saw a BLU uniform and started to tremble. In a heart beat I aimed my gun up at his head and pulled the trigger, but the gun was quickly swatted aside. The bullets completely missed him as my gun clattered down a few feet away.

His forearm came down on my throat, and I could hear a soft rumble of words reach my ear as I struggled to breathe.

"Gotcha, ya spastic little gremlin...."