(25) Relaxed...

The kiss was wonderful. It was slow and passionate and it calmed me right down. My heart pounded, but not in a bad way. It skipped around in my chest happily, dancing with a long needed joy, relief washing over me like a breath of fresh air. My heart never wanted it to stop, but my brain was bashing itself for doing exactly what Miss Pauling and the Administrator didn't want us doing, but the thought that he was the one who started it made me feel a little better. I relaxed as we parted, giving a quiet smile. He smiled back at me, gently pulling me back up onto my feet. 

"Time to get going, Frau." He said, coaxing me along. "I'll stay here and heal zhese two, you go help zhe Heavy."

"What about you?" I turned back around as he gently placed my Scattergun back in my hands, putting his gloved hand on my shoulder and giving me a tender peck on the lips. 

"I have veapons too, Frau..." He reassured me. "I can hold off until I can get zhem up and moving." His words were almost muffled by a missile strike nearby, throwing us both off guard. He gasped, giving me a sudden push back. 

"Geh! Schnell!" The missile alone was enough to get me running, but the way the Medic's expression changed so fast made my heart throb. He watched me for a second, then was gone in a whoosh of dust and smoke. I turned, sprinting back towards my team. 

"The bomb is nearing the next checkpoint!"  

"I know..." I muttered, sprinting past our front lines and through a mess of people, back to the teleporter, hoping that the Engineer was there. He had been shot down faster than the dispenser had been able to heal him. I grit my teeth in discomfort, turning back towards the front lines again. 

Soldier; Down.

Pyro; Down.

Demo; Fighting.

Heavy; Bleeding heavily, but still standing.

Engineer: Dead.

Medic; Busy.

Sniper; Inside.

Spy; Who knew?

I ran back to the Heavy for the third time this battle, trying to support him as he gained up on the cart that was still being pushed by their Scout. He had stopped and dove behind a rock once he realized that he had no support and that our Heavy was gaining ground. If our Heavy dropped, we were screwed. We all knew that, and all at once we pushed towards the point. I ran ahead, launching myself over the rock and firing at the Scout on the other side. He ducked, one of my bullets catching him in the neck. I watched the skin split open, making a sound somewhere between a gasp and a choke. Having little time to react he fired back at me. Pain grazed my hip, but I was easily able to brush it off. I landed and shot again, being caught off guard from behind once again by the BLU Medic. He grabbed me around the neck as the BLU Scout clutched his own. I lifted off the ground, a blue rubber glove tight at my neck.

Frustrated to be in his grasp again, I wiggled out of his tight grip, turning to shoot him. The bullets tore his stomach open right as he aimed his Syringe Gun at my arm. Two landed right on target, landing with a slight "Fwip" as they punctured my arm. I grit my teeth, hissing in pain. I hated needles. I quickly jerked them out, gritting my teeth as I shot him again, ending him quickly. The fact that he looked exactly like our Medic made me almost hesitate, but I slapped myself for doing so, watching as he fell lifeless to the ground. 

"Now let's see who's screwed..." I mumbled angrily, turning back to the Scout who had completely vanished. I huffed, calming once I saw that the cart was clear. Their whole team had now noticed that their Medic was down, now being more than overjoyed to gang up on me. I ran back, hoping for protection from the others. Demo happily stepped in front of me, launching a few sticky bombs at the cart and around the track. The entire BLU team seemed to hesitate for a second.