(4) "Zhat Vas Not Medicine..."

"Five....Four....Three...Two...One...Victory!" 

I cheered from my room. It had been a few hours since I'd fled the Stock room, and I had launched myself off my bed hearing that message coming from the speakers. I looked out the window, watching for my team to come back through the garage door. I waited, watching the hill and sure enough, my team appeared...slowly. I expected people to be jumping exitedly back towards the base, raising their fists into the air and cheering...but I saw none of that. I was confused, and I squinted out the window to see why...and what I saw made my heart sink.

Every one was walking, looking quite less than enthused. More rather they looked...angry and dissapointed. Almost exactly what one would look like during a loss.

"How could they be angry when we just saved another bomb from blowing up our base?" I asked myself. "Nevertheless...getting another victory.."

I heard Sniper quickly running past my bedroom door, and I followed after him as fast as I could, wondering what in the world had happened. We both made it back down to the stock room before everyone else did. 

"Sniper..." I panted. "What happened out there?" My voice was peaked with worry, looking out the garage door. He approached me from behind, looking around me to the others.

"I...I dunno.." He replied. "Feels like you n' me were the only ones cheerin'."

From behind the group, Medic pushed through them, a limp figure in his arms. He was running in a full sprint back to the base. 

"Move! Out of zhe way!" He yelled. Everyone now behind him, seeing the figure in his arms and quickly jogging after the frantic Medic. It wasn't long at all before I could fully recognize who was in his arms. I gasped. 

"S...Scout..."

Medic ran right past me, taking Scout in as fast as he could. He swept by with him so fast that I didn't get a chance to look at him, but I quickly followed behind. I needed to know what had happened to him...my trainer...but I had to make it quick. Everyone was on my tail, and I feared I would get trampled if I stumbled. They were like a stampede behind me. Heavy, Demo, Soldier, and even Spy were all running after Medic, but they were yelling loudly and angrily at him as we hit a long hallway, but they were yelling all at the same time, so I couldn't understand them. 

Medic finally vanished behind his clinic doors, but had locked us out. I had rammed into the door, expecting it to open only to get the air knocked out of myself. I went to back away, when I was shoved back into the door by Heavy's body as he tried to get through. 

"Medic!" Heavy yelled.

"We need a lil' word with yew!" shouted Demo. 

I tried to speak as they continued yelling through the door, trying to get Heavy off me at the same time. Though no one heard a word I was saying through the hateful shouting. I stammered in frustration as a fuse blew in my head. I shoved Heavy away from the door. He stumbled back, all of them looking at me and suddenly quieting down. 

"Okay!" I yelled."Could anyone tell me why the hell you're trying to bust his door down?!" I shouted at them, getting them all to fall quiet.

"He costed us most of the battle!" Soldier shouted at me. "He wouldn't heal any of us who needed it!"

"I needed Übercharge!" Heavy also stated. "But zhe doktor didn't give anything!"

"Did it ever come to any of you that maybe he couldn't?!" I asked them, making them all fall quiet once again.

"Vhat do you mean..?" asked Spy, raising an eyebrow. I looked at all of them.

"I mean..I saw him leaving the stock room and his pack and gun weren't connected." I said calmly. "I tried to tell him, but I almost got my head blown by a BLU Sniper..." I looked at Soldier and Heavy. "He couldn't help you becuase his gun wasn't working, not because he didn't want to help. If you believed in your teammates and "listened" to them when they had problems then maybe you would've caught that. Think about it...has Medic ever let any of you down when you've ever called for him?" Everyone in the room came to a small and harsh realization, all shaking their heads. 

"He's trying to help Scout right now." I said, having finally calmed down. "So could we all just...disperse and give him some thinking space?" I said in an even quieter voice. "Please..?"

It wasn't long before the room had cleared, and the only ones left were the Sniper and I, who had caught up with me shortly after. I sat in a chair in front of the door and sat back, giving a long sigh as Sniper sat next to me. 

"You alright, mate?" He asked quietly. "I heard you yellin' all the way from the stock room."

"I'm fine." I replied just as calmly. "Just trying to keep everyone from killing eachother." I smiled a little. "Guess I'll be waiting here until he's done with Scout.." I sighed. "I need to know if my trainer is alright..."

"You know.." He started. " I don't think I could ever yell at anyone like that...Especially Heavy and Demo...that was a brave thing you did, standin' up for 'im." He smiled back at me. "He's an odd man...but that was mighty nice o' you."

"It took more than you think.." I said quietly, my smile fading. He looked me up and down for a second.

"Are you cold..?" He asked, frowning. 

"No...why..?"

"You're shakin'."