Missing Pieces- MystWalker

I love you.

It was just three words. Three syllables. Eight letters. Just three little words, but he still couldn't say them. Not out loud. Not to her.

Erza Knightwalker. A more beautiful, perfect creature had never existed anywhere else. Of course, the existential crisis that came with meeting their Earthland counterparts would say that she was merely a copy of Earthland's own Titania, Erza Scarlet. But she wasn't

Erza was her own person. True they looked alike and even shared some character traits, but neither Erza was exactly like the other. Scarlett's calm, cool collectedness was nothing like the fire in Knightwalker's eyes. They were not the same person, no matter how it might seem. Not to him.

He'd loved both of them. Each time it was completely different. With Titania he'd known why she wanted him. He wasn't Mystogan. He wasn't his own person. He was a replacement. Her second chance with Jellal. She'd never really loved him. She loved the man who shared his face. She loved that he remind her of him. She didn't say it, not out loud. But he knew. He always knew and it had been the reason they'd been together in the first place.

He'd felt attracted to Erza Scarlet, of course (she was a very attractive woman) but something was wrong. He loved her, but he'd never felt right with her . It was like he was looking for more. Just like she was. She'd been looking for the missing pieces of her Jellal in him. Unknown to him, at the time, he'd been doing the exact same thing. He'd been drawn to her because of her similarity to his Erza, but she wasn't her. He'd been searching for her since before he'd even met her.

And now, he couldn't even tell her how he felt. He loved her, but he knew what she'd think if he ever told her. She wouldn't believe him. She'd think he was doing what scarlet had done to him, just using her because he couldn't have to other Erza. In truth, it was the opposite. He'd used the other Erza to replace HER! They dyed each other to try to fill the void made by not having their real love. It had been a love built on need and missing pieces.

What he felt for Knightwalker was real. It wasn't searching for what was missing in her. How could he? There was nothing missing in her. He loved every piece of her. Her fiery determination, stubbornness, even her pride. He loved every piece of her. Her pieces fit with him and made his love feel whole for the first time in his life.

No, that was wrong. There was still one missing piece. Her and all her pieces were out of reach. They would always be out of reach, until the day he could actually spit out his feelings to something that wasn't his mirror and she could accept him. Until that day he had to live with the fact he pieces weren't missing. He just had yet to fit them in with his own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dedicated to CupQuakeLover222 because they requested a Mystwalker one shot. It took me a while, but it made it!