The Sun Dragon Slayer: GaLe

It was a normal day in Fairy Tail. Cana was drinking. Vijeeter was doing some, bizarre interpretive dance on a table while Elfman told him that his dancing was manly. Erza enjoying her usual strawberry cake. Natsu and Happy were annoying Lucy. She was alternating between yelling at them and Gray, who had somehow lost all of his clothes and was trying to convince Lucy to let him borrow her underwear. Juvia would have glared at Lucy and called her love rival (or fainted from Gray's nudity), but she, Gajeel, and Pantherlily were all away on a mission. They were supposed to be back today. Levy was pretending to read, but she was secretly watching the door, waiting for Gajeel to return. Someone slid onto the bench across from Levy. She hoped that it wasn't Jet or Droy. They were her best friends, but she really wasn't in the mood to have them judging her for waiting for Gajeel. She looked up into bright blue eyes and short, white hair. She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey, Lisanna." Lisanna laughed a little.

"Hey, Levy. You look relived to see me. Trying to avoid someone."

"Yeah, Jet and Droy. I really, don't want them judging me for..." Levy stopped, not wanting to tell Lisanna who she was waiting for.

"Waiting for Gajeel." Levy blushed and stammered, but Lisanna cut her off. "It's okay, you're not the only one waiting for someone. The Thunder Legion is supposed to be getting back today. I haven't seen Bickslow for two weeks." Lisanna sighed longingly. She and Bickslow had recently started dating (not long Natsu and Lucy had gotten together and Lisanna had moved on from Natsu) and, from what Levy had seen, they were going pretty strong.

Just then the guild doors opened to three very recognizable figures. Lisanna immediately stood up and launched herself into her boyfriend's arms, who did not hold back from kissing her and, undoubtedly, putting his very long tongue into her mouth. Elfman was greeting Evergreen by putting his arm around her and declaring that "Welcoming home your girlfriend is MANLY!" Evergreen looked annoyed, but everyone knew that she really wasn't and was happy to see him again. Freed went over to the bar to talk to Mirajane, who was so happy to see him that she hugged him and kissed his cheek. Freed was never one for public displays of affection, no matter how much his girlfriend loved it, and blushed redder than Mirajane's dress.

Levy was happy that her friends were back with their significant others, but she couldn't help but feel a little jealous. They were all in very happy, committed relationships (which was saying something for Bickslow) and she couldn't even find the courage to tell Gajeel how much she liked him. She wanted to have someone that she welcomed home by jumping into their arms and kissing them (although maybe not as thoroughly as Lisanna and Bickslow had been doing before he'd grabbed her hand and ran with her out of the guild in the direction of his home.). But Levy didn't just want someone, she wanted a certain iron dragon slayer. She knew that most people wouldn't assume that a quiet little bookworm like her would be attracted to the large, intimidating, metal studded man like Gajeel. However, assumptions about their appearances meant nothing to Levy. They were like her book covers, they didn't tell the whole story.

Levy was interrupted from her thoughts by the guild doors opening for a second time. This time when she looked up she saw the people that she wanted to see. Just as she was standing up to go greet Gajeel she saw a fourth figure. It seemed that Juvia and Gajeel had brought a girl back with them. She was staring around the guild with wide eyes as Juvia led her to the master's office. Gajeel and Pantherlily went over to the bar. Levy took a deep breath.