I Honestly Thought You Were Gay!: MiraFreed

She was the undisputed matchmaker of Fairy Tail, for better or worse: Mirajane Strauss. And this demon turned Cupid was having a great day. From her position at the bar she could see that all of her ships  were sailing along smoothly. Levy was reading, leaning her back against Gajeel, her boyfriend, who was glaring at Jet and Droy as they stared longingly at the solid script mage from a safe distance of the possessive dragon slayer. Romeo was showing a blushing Wendy a new trick that he'd learned from Natsu with his magic. Said pink haired dragon slayer was currently passed out in Lucy's lap, still recovering from the beating that he'd received from trying to take on Erza disturbing her "cake time", while she stroked his hair and called him an idiot for messing with the Titania. Juvia was fawning over Gray, giving a him a neck massage while swooning. Lisanna and Bickslow were playing with their "babies" and Evergreen was beating Elfman with her fan while they picked out a job together (yes, even the younger Strausses were not safe from their sisters aggressive shipping.). All was right with Mirajane's world.

She was cheerily washing the bar and serving drinks when she noticed something strange. Cana hadn't shown up yet. Unless she was out on a job, which she wasn't, Cana was usually here by now and nursing a third barrel of wine. Something was off. 

"Good day Mirajane." 

"Oh, hi Freed." Ever since his teammates had started dating her siblings, Freed's time spent at the bar had increased. Mira thought that this was mostly due to the relationship bug. Now that he was the only single one of the Thunder Legion, Freed was looking for a relationship and Mira was positive that she knew who with. Laxus Dreyar. Mira would have had to have been blind not notice the way that he fell all over himself to see to Laxus's every possible, and some impossible, need. That combined with his impeccable sense of style, lead Mira to conclude that Freed Justine was, definitely, attracted to Laxus. This saddened Mira slightly as she knew that Laxus certainly had no interest in Freed, or any man, in that way and no amount of matchmaking could change that. 

She was always sure to be extra nice to Freed and on the lookout for someone else who would be able to return his feelings and love him like he deserved. So far she'd had no luck finding someone worthy of the Rune mage. He was a truly great person, if a little messed up (but let's face it, who among the guild wasn't), and had a deep, intense loyalty to those that he cared about. Such amazing loyalty deserved an amazing love and Mira was determined to fine it for him.

"Pardon me Mira, but are you listening?" Mirajane was awoken from her revery by Freed's question. It was only then that she realized that he had been speaking to her while she was lost in her matchmaking land.

"I'm sorry. No, I wasn't could you repeat what you said Freed?"

"I was inquiring as to your health this fine day." Ah, Freed speak for "How are you?".

"I'm fine, but I haven't seen Cana and she should be here by now."

"You are correct. I have not seen her at all today. It is most peculiar." Mira nodded.

"I know. I wonder where she could be? She was here late last night and she isn't supposed to be out on a job."

"Perhaps she was not feeling well after yesterday's drinking contest?"

"I don't think so. She's never had that problem unless Bacchus is in town, and he wasn't here last night, Not to mention she can out drink Gajeel and Natsu without a problem."

"Then this is most strange indeed." just then the guild doors opened to reveal Laxus with a girl. Wait, not just any girl. 

"CANA!" Mirajane and Freed both exclaimed. Even Mirajane, the matchmaker of Fairy Tail, was surprised. She'd always suspected that Laxus may have harbored feelings for the card mage due to his concern over her rather excessive drinking habits and when he told her to stay back as her took on Atlas Flame. However, she was unsure of Cana's feelings for him on this point, until now that is. she watched in shock, with the rest of the guild, as the apparently new couple approach the bar together.