"Then why are you with her?" Bambi asks, her voice breathy. She wasn't expecting that, and the emotion in Laurent's voice killed her. It was filled with hurt and it brought back terrible memories.

"Because she make me forget sometimes." He says.

"You try to forget me?"

"I try to forget everything." He mutters, laying his head on her stomach, repositioning himself. "I try to forget that my brother hate me. I try to forget that my maman and sisters and brothers hate me. I try to forget why you hate-"

"Lau, I don't hate you. And neither does Larry, Leo, Luce, Laure, Lazare and Mama B. None of us hate you."

"Larry don't. Leo don't. But everyone else do." He mutters. "If you not hate me, then you wouldn't have left me. You may not hate me now, but you did. And you will again."

"Laurent, I could never hate you. And neither could anyone else." She says, rubbing his cheek. "Laurent, I really, really, really love you. Really, I do. It's just, I had to leave. I wasn't ready. We were much too young and our relationship wasn't even stable. We were foolish."

Laurent closes his eyes, not bothering to respond. Bambi sighs and lays back on the grass, shivering a bit as Laurent's hand slides up her shirt.

"You still got it." He mutters, playing with her belly button charm.

"Yeah." She says, a small smile on her face. She closes her eyes as his fingers toy with the charm, tickling her a bit.

"I love you, Bi." Laurent mutters, pressing his lips into her shirt.

"I love you too."

-

She sighs. "Kellan, why can't I wear something else?"

"Because you will be on a red carpet. Which is important. You need to look good, baby." Kellan says, and she rolls her eyes.

"And this isn't a bit too much?" She asks, pulling on the bottom of the strapless dress. "I do look great in this blue though."

"Your boo's going to be there." Makeda says, eating more of the hot cheetos. Bambi turns to face her, a scowl on her face.

"With Urilla." Bambi mutters, and Makeda scoffs.

"Disgusting." She mutters, eating more cheetos. "Can't he see your the better choice? I mean, she's all pasty and pale and look at your smooth melanin." Makeda shakes her head. "Not as nice as mine, but you good."

"Makeda." Bambi groans and Makeda laughs.

"I'm keeping it real, Bumble Bi. I'm such a nice chocolate, it baffles me sometimes." Makeda shakes her head. "On another note, at least you'll get to be on his reflection's arm all night. You'll be close to him."

"That's not what I want." Bambi mutters, looking down at the dress. "I want to be on his arm."

"Hey, he loves you, you love him." Makeda shoves more cheetos in her mouth, continuing to speak. "Things'll work out."

-

"I have to pee." Bambi mutters, shifting her weight on her black heels. Larry looks down at her.

"Hurry and go. We gotta go on this carpet in a second."

"It'll be quick, I promise." She says, removing her hand from the crook of his arm. She gracefully walks off, trying her hardest not to trip. She could not walk quickly in heels.

She quickly does her thing, washing her hands and checking her face. Kellan said minimal makeup. Her natural looked much better than her all made up.

"I didn't know you'd be here." Someone says in french, catching her attention. Bambi turns to face them, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm a singer."

"Oh, I knew you were a singer. I just didn't think you'd be important enough to be here." Urilla says, giving Bambi a haughty look.

Bambi smiles despite the words. "Yeah, I'm surprised too. People actually wanted to see me here. And, to make things better, I was nominated for an award!" Urilla looks at her, a sour expression on her face. "And what about you? Any awards you might be winning?" Bambi tilts her head, still smiling.

"No. But I do have something much greater than that." Urilla says. "And his name is Laurent."

"That's a very sweet way to look at things." Bambi shakes her head. "If only he loved you."

"At least I have him."

"And that's better than love? Having someone to hold is better than having equally requited feelings for them? What type of backwards world do you live in?"

"A world where I have your man." She says smugly, walking out out of the bathroom. Bambi grits her teeth, trying her hardest not to grab her by her hair and slam her head into the sink, looking up at the ceiling.

"Momma, this girl is trying me. Give me the strength not to beat her ass in front of all these good people." She says, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Once she felt she was calm, she walks out the bathroom.

"Jeez, Bambi. What take you so long?" Larry asks and she shakes her head.

"Urilla and I had a really nice talk." She says, placing her hand back in the crook of his arm, the two walking out to the red carpet. "And my mother gave me the strength not to be her ass for now. But if she keep trying me, Lord..."

"Bambi, calm down." Larry says, leading her along. The two walk through the carpet and to the building, being stopped every so often for pictures.

"Bambi, you think Laurent still mad at me?"

"Are you guys getting along?"

"Yeah, but it's... weird. I feel like he still hate me and think that I still hate him."

"Give him so time Larry. You guys haven't gotten along for a while. He's still hurt off of it. Just let him know you love him. A lot."

"Are you sure-"

"Bambi! Bambi, can you speak to us for a second?"

"Yeah, sure." Bambi says, pulling Larry over. "What's up?"

"We have some questions. Which Bourgeois twin are you romantically involved with?"

Bambi frowns, looking at Larry. "Uh-"

"She's not with us like that. We've been friends for a very long time, and that's how things are going to stay."

"Is it true that Bambi and Laurent were once engaged a couple of years ago?" The reporter asks, looking between the two.

Bambi gives them a smile. "If you believe so."

"Are your songs about Laurent?"

"My songs are mostly for my beautiful cat, Maka."

"And the ones that aren't for your cat?"

"They're for the world."

The reporter frowns. "So, you and Laurent are-"

"Friends. He already has a singer. What does he need me for?" She asks, shrugging.

"So is there anyone special in your life at the moment? No secret boyfriend or lover?"

"Not a one. But, I do have my darling Maka, so the single life isn't too bad." She says, giving them a sweet laugh and smile. "I think we have to go now." She says, looking around. "Thank you." She says, waving and letting Larry pull her away. She closes her eyes tightly before opening them once more. "I hate that."

"Why they not ask anything about just you?"

"Because a girl can't be single around here. She always gotta have a man, and due to my past with you guys, I have to be fucking one of you. That's the only possible way I could be successful." Bambi rolls her eyes. "Fucking assholes."