twenty eight

Bambi blinks, looking at the blonde girl on his arm. "Who... Who's this?" She asks, pushing past Mama B, Lazare and Larry. "Who's she?"

"Bambi?" Laurent asks, a deep frown on his face. He pulls away from the girl and walks over. "I not know you were-" Mama B stops him, pushing him back over.

"Who this girl?" She asks, her voice cold.

"She's a..." Laurent looks back at the girl, then back at Bambi. "She a singer. I trying to work with her and-"

"Laurent, what is going on?" The girl asks in french.

"It... Just wait outside for a second so I can-"

"No, no." Bambi interrupts, holding her hand up. "Stay." She tells the girl, breathing deeply to calm herself. "Don't leave." She says in french, trying to make it sound as good as possible. She hated how bad she was, but that wasn't going to stop her.

Laurent looks at Bambi, who had kept her hard gaze on the girl.

"How can you do this, Laurent? You not come to visit for three months. She be here waiting for you for three months. She not go home til she see you. And then you come and bring a girl with you?" She asks, making Laurent look over. "Is Bambi not your fiancee anymore? Do you not love her anymore? Are you in love with this girl?"

Bambi looks down at her hand, at the ring. "Please-" She stops herself and looks at the girl "Are you with him?"

"Bambi, you not-"

"Are you with him?" Bambi repeats, looking at the girl again.

"What?"

"Is he your..." Bambi looks at Lazare for help. "Boyfriend, what's the word for-"

"Bambi, I not with her like-"

"Is Laurent your boyfriend?" Lazare asks the girl, interrupting his younger brother. The girl looks at Laurent then at Bambi.

"Who is she?" The girl asks, and Bambi closes her eyes.

"Answer the damn question!" She says loudly, and Larry moves closer to her, moving his brother out of the way and pulling her back.

"Bambi, calm down." He mutters and Laurent moves over.

"Bambi, she not my girlfriend." He says, and Mama B slaps the back of his head. "Maman!"

"You idiot." She says, pushing him. "What you do with this girl?"

"Who is that girl?"

"That is Laurent's fiancee." Lazare tells the singer, whose mouth opens

"She's the deer?" The girl asks, taking a step forward. "Deer?" She says, moving in between everyone, who stopped.

"Yes. She's Bambi." Laurent says, nodding and keeping his hands on Bambi's arms. Mama B looks at the girl, a huge frown on her face.

"Move Laurent." The singer says, pushing him aside and looking at Bambi. She leans forward, kissing Bambi's cheeks and pulls away. "You speak french?" She asks, her eyes wide and hopeful. Bambi looks at the girl confused.

"A... A little. I understand it more than-"

"I am Urilla. Laurent asked me to sing with him, a love song about his deer, Bambi. He always talk about you and I never ever see you before, but you are so beautiful. I know why he loves you so much. At first I thought you were someone else and I was going to get mad at him for cheating but-"