twenty

"Did you get my present?" Laurent asks and Bambi sighs.

"Yeah. Why did you get me a huge ass bear, Lau?"

"Larry say you two went to the carnival, but you not get a bear, so I buy you one."

"I don't need a huge ass bear. But, thank you."

"You see the ring I send with it? On the chain?"

"Oh, I thought that was supposed to be a necklace." She mutters, her hand fiddling with the ring.

"No, you should wear it as a ring. I put it on the chain because I not want it to get lost."

"Alright, Laurent. I'll wear it as a ring." She mutters, shaking her head. "Thank you for it though. It's pretty. For a second, I thought it was for the bear."

"Why it for the bear? I buy it for you."

"It was just a quick second. I know it's not for the bear."

"Nope. I buy it for the girl I love."

"I love you too." She mutters, a small smile on her face.

"I know you do, Bibi. I wanna talk longer, but I gotta go. We need to practice."

"Alright."

"I call you later, okay?"

"Mmhmm. Love you."

"I love you too Bi. Bye."

"Bye Laurent."

With a sigh, Bambi hangs up and places her phone down. She looks at the huge bear and sighs once more, picking it up and heaving it to her room.

"I still don't understand why this bear is so fucking big." She mutters, placing it down against the wall and leans against it. "Cute though." She says, toying with the bears bow tie.

She sighs, moving to her bed and laying down. This is how she spent most of her day. Alone.

Larry had school and his own friends to hang out with. Mia was avoiding her and Terry was also at school and staying with Mia and his friends. Alex was out of state and Laurent was dancing in France.

She undoes the chain, letting the ring slide off and land on her stomach. She picks it up, studying it. White gold, diamonds forming the infinity symbol, and she smiles, slipping it on her finger. The ring was nice, but it didn't help how she felt at the moment.

She should be used to this though. She's lived alone for over a year and even when her aunt and father did live with her, they never really interacted with her at the time. They avoided her and she avoided them.

Now it was a completely different story. Well, for her father.

She sighs, sitting up and stretching, grabbing her phone. She wouldn't be as bored if she had a car. She nods at the thought, dialing her father's number. He'd buy her anything in an attempt to make things right between the two. If she would answer his call.

"Bambi! I'm so glad to hear from you, dear."

"Hey dad."

"Well, what do you need? You never call me first unless you need something."

"Are you still willing to buy me a car?"

"I will if we could spend the whole day together."

"Dad-"

"I miss our good times, Bambi. It seems now you don't even want to talk to me. Well... you don't even want to talk to me. I'm assuming you don't have school today."