three

She inhales deeply, gripping his arms. "Stop." She breathes out, closing her eyes. "Oh... God." She moans.

"Why you want me to stop?" He asks, pulling away from her neck.

"I'm sensitive." She says, a slight pout on her face.

"You like it tho, right?"

She blushes a bit, looking away. "Yes."

"Then why you want me to stop?"

"Because, I like it too much. And Larry said he was coming right back."

"When Maman call, he talk to her forever." Laurent says, kissing her neck. "She love talking to Larry."

"Laurent, you're the one who doesn't want Larry to know." She says, pushing him away. "I'm just listening to you."

"Larry not ready to-"

"You told me this already." She says, crossing his arms. "He doesn't want me with you. I know that. I just... I think we should tell him."

"So he could break us up?"

"He wouldn't be able to. I'm my own person. I can be with who I want."

"Would you really ruin your friendship with him for me?"

The question shocked Bambi and she looks at him. Would Larry get that mad at her? Does Larry really want her to stay away from Laurent that bad? Was Laurent that bad to be with that his own brother.

And what did that say about her? She was just as bad. To entertain this while Larry didn't even want her to be with him. The thought that her friendship could be ruined just as easily as being caught with Laurent's lips on her bought her back to reality.

Would she really ruin a five year friendship for a boyfriend? She scoots to the other side of the couch, away from Laurent. "You mad at me?"

"I don't think we can..."

"Bibi-"

"No. Larry just... he means too much to me." She says, crossing her arms.

"We can keep it a secret, like we do before."

"No. We can't. I don't think I can take that chance with-"

Larry walks in a small smile on his face. "Maman say bye Lau." Laurent nods, keeping his eyes on Bambi. This was bugging him. She couldn't break up with him. They weren't even together that long.

She was the one who wanted this relationship and now she doesn't? "What wrong?" Larry asks, noticing the slight tension.

"I'm going home." Bambi says, getting up. "I'll see you guys later."

"Bambi." Laurent says, following her. Larry watches in confusion, following them. "Bambi, don't." He says, grabbing her arm and twirling her to face him. "Please."

"It'd be easier, right?" Bambi asks, her eyes flickering to Larry, who was confused. Laurent looks behind him, letting go of Bambi.

"What's going on? What you talking about?"

"Don't worry." Laurent says, looking at Bambi, who frowned. " I wanna be with someone else, for the time she say she want. Why she change her mind Bambi?"

"Well, it'd be easier for you not to pursue any relationship with the way everything's set up. She doesn't want to ruin her life for someone who's destined to cheat on her."

"I not cheat on y-her. She mean too much to me, no matter what anyone think." Bambi eyes flicker to Larry once more.

"She can't. She wouldn't ruin her friendship." Bambi takes a step back. "I'll see you guys later." She says, turning around and walking out.

-

"Bambi, you okay?" Bambi looks up and at Larry.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Bambi says, breaking out of her trance. She looks back down at her bottle of water.

"You sure? You haven't said anything this whole time, Bambi." Leah says, and Bambi looks up, her eyes hard.

"I'm fine." She says, her voice cold. Leah raises her hands at the tone.

"Sorry for asking." Leah says, crossing her arms.

"You not okay. You get mad at Leah for no reason."

"Oh, no, there's a reason." Bambi says, looking up, a smirk on her face. "Isn't there, Lee lee?"

"Not that I know of." Leah says, the two making eye contact. Bambi raises an eyebrow and chuckles.

"Oka-" She was cut off my someone pulling on her hair. She turns around, a slight frown on her face.

"Bibi!" "Hey Bambi!" Laurent's friends cheer, and her and Laurent make eye contact.

"I miss you." He says, his voice quiet and she tears her eyes off of him and to his group of friends.

"Hey guys!" She says with a fake smile.

"Talk to me." Laurent says, his voice just as quiet as before. She gets up, looking at Larry.

"I'll be back." She says, grabbing the cardboard tray of food and throwing it in the trash, walking off with Laurent.

Larry watches, a frown on his face.

"I wonder if they're together." Leah says. Larry looks at Leah.

"They not. I tell Laurent to stay away from her like that."

"Why?"

"She my best friend. She mean so much to me. I don't want him to do her like that."

"Well, if she gets involved with him, then you can't do anything. It would be her choice."

"No. I don't want them to. Laurent say he stay away."

"But what if he hasn't?"

"Then he break his promise."

Bambi leans against the wall, looking at Laurent. "What?"

"I miss you." He says, and she sighs.

"Okay." She says, looking away. "I miss you too." She quietly says.

"I tell Larry about Leah. How I sleep with her."

Bambi frowns. "What did he say?"

"He not believe me. He like her." Laurent says, looking away. "So I not say anything else. Is his problem."

"But-"

"If he want her then he can have her." Laurent shrugs. "I just know you gon be there if she do him wrong. He lucky to have you." Laurent looks at her, and they meet eyes. "I not want you because he have you. I want you because you are perfect, Bibi. You perfect to me."

"How many times have you recited that tired old phrase?" She asks, a bitter smirk. He rolls his eyes and sighs.

"You always think I say it to some other girl. You the only girl I call perfect, Bibi. You the only girl I call beautiful. I not say this to everyone." Bambi sighs, opening her mouth to speak. "You not need to stay away from me if Larry with Leah. I tell him to stay away from her but he not listen, so why I gotta listen to what he say?"

"Well, you can do what you want, but I'm not going to entertain it. I'm not going to tarnish a whole-" Laurent grabs her arms, bringing her to him.

"Fine. I'm gonna kiss you until you like it." He says, and she frowns.

"Laurent if you do-" She was cut off by him kissing her.

Larry frowns, placing his back against the wall. "Why you want me to see this?" He mutters to Leah.

"Because I wanted to prove a point." She says, crossing her arms. "Laurent doesn't care about how you feel. You heard what he said. Why does he have to listen to you?"

"He my brother. He really like Bambi, and if she like him too, how can I keep them away?"

"Larry, don't try to cover for him. He's knowingly going against his promise to you. What if he hurts her?"

"Then is her fault."