Pure Intoxication [Teacher/Student Affair]- Chapter Five

QUICK THING DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO UNTIL I MENTION IT LATER IN THE STORY! YOU WONT UNDERSTAND IT. AND READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END JUST WANT TO SAY A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS :). AND I DIDN'T PRROOF READ SO DON'T KILL ME.

I began stretching my limbs as I patiently waited for my name to be called. I watched quite a few of Simply Hooligans dancing videos and I was very impressed. This was my chance to use my skills to the fullest and it would look great on my transcripts that I was doing 

something outside of school . Still doing stretches I couldn't help the pessimistic thoughts that slowly started creeping into my mind. What if I couldn't remember the dance moves they showed me. What if I couldn't move as gracefully as the other dancers who might have had years of practice before me. Taking quick glances at the door that separated the audition and waiting room I couldn't help the nervous feeling that grew in the pit of my stomach. I was broken out of my panicky state as a roar of laughter came from across the waiting room. I watched as Ben, Sammy, and a mix of other dancers waiting to audition mingled. I had brought Sammy and Ben as my support system but it might as well have been as if I came by myself. They ditched me for the snack stand as soon as we entered the place and quickly found their way to other people. I hated eating anything that was in the open-with the exception of McDonalds. Just the thought that someone may have accidently coughed, or sneezed, or sent spittle flying on the food had my stomach churning. And don't even get me started on the double dippers and the people who didn't wash their hand but were quick to touch everything in sight. Catching myself have a mental germ-a-phobic rant I tried to focus my attention on my surroundings but didn't have to try long because the previous group had slowly started trickled out of the auditioning room and you could instantly tell that this was a cut throat audition for everyone had grim expressions displayed across their face whereas before entering the audition room they had been teeming with excitement. Names for the next batch of auditioners were called out and as soon as I heard my name I made a beeline to where Sammy and Ben were.

"You guys I don't think I can do this" I said in a hushed tone.

"What!" They said in unison.

"What about the celebratory skating thing afterwards" Ben asked. I shook my head. It was just like Ben to think about playing at a time like this, and he is suppose to be the big brother.

"You have to go! You're the best dancer I've ever seen" Sammy said pouting.

"I'm the only dancer you've ever seen Sammy" I said exasperated trying to hide my annoyance but failed poorly. Sammy looked a little hurt at how snippy I was with her but quickly replaced it with a grimace.

"You listen to me Garris. I didn't come down here to see you give up." Sammy grabbed the front of my shirt.

"I. Came. To. See. You. Win!" She said jabbing her dainty finger into my chest with each word. Shock could barely describe the look on my face. Sammy had never been this fierce with me even when she was angry and that's how I knew she really cared about my dreams and believed in me when I didn't. I turned to look at Ben.

"What she said" Ben said prying Sammy's fingers from my shirt and pushing towards the audition room.

"Now do us proud ya hear!" Ben grinned from ear to ear right as the audition door closed. I smiled on the inside, I loved those guys. I found a space in the room that could accommodate my movement, like the other dancers and surveyed the room. Somehow I ended up in the middle but I did feel slightly self conscious as I noticed I had on the most attention seeking outfit. My red fedora hat topping of my grey shirt that said 'I love dance' which all tied in with my purple skinny jeans. I guess you could count it as both a good and bad thing. I would be noticed by the judges watching us, but if I sucked I'd be more noticed than others.