Chapter 18

Once skaiyler had dealt with kayla she decided to look for jaz as she had something she needed to say to her aswell.

Once she saw jaz sad eyed and messy haired skaiyler's heart melted.
Perhaps this wasn't her choice to break up, perhaps it was someone else's influence.

Skaiyler marched up to jaz and took out her ear buds quickly, jaz did the same.

"Skaiyler, wha-" jaz said but was cut off by her ex talking.

skaiyler said to jaz "I don't care if you don't feel the same way i do but to me that was necessary.
As soon as i set my eyes on you i knew i liked you. And as soon as we became closer i knew i loved you.
I came out to my parents for you and wanted to get better for you.
I didn't want to go through any of this alone, and when i met you i knew i wouldn't.
But you let me down.
Yet i still have such strong and persistent feelings for you.
I know we weren't prepared to come out to everyone but i don't care who knows anymore" by this point everyone, even kayla holding a tissue to catch the blood falling from her nose, was listening intently.
"And i'm not afraid of anyone knowing either. I'm gay, and if anyone is against that then they should take some time to call someone who gives a flying fuck.
Because you, no matter of everything that happened jaz are still my best friend and i fucking love you and can't get better without you and-" skaiyler was cut off by jaz.

"Shut up and kiss me" jaz said before locking their lips in a passionate kiss.

Some people clapped, some cheered, some even video'd the occasion but skai and jaz hadn't realised as they were too captivated by the moment.

"Skaiyler Winona Howell-Lester; Will you be my girlfriend?" Jaz asked tears brimming her eyes.

"How could i say no?" Skai answered and the people watching erupted into cheers and applauds as kayla and her gang walked away as they knew that love had defeated evil.

The back-together-again couple walked to the special learning room together and sat at the back of the class of around 6 pupils staring into each others eyes lovingly.

Six hours of school passed and jaz had agreed to come home to meet skaiyler's fathers.

"Dad's? I'm home! And i've brought someone!" Skaiyler shouts, walking up the stairs, bringing an anxious jaz behind her.

Phil and dan both run to see who it is and they both smile.

"Hi you two" phil says to the girls whilst dan smiles and waves slightly, he's always awkward around new people no matter who they are.

"Hi daddy, dad. This is jaz, my girlfriend" skaiyler says smiling.

"Hi! I'm dan-" dan said, before phil cut him off by saying "and i'm phiilll".

Jaz laughs becoming more comfortable.

Well you two, we'll be in the kitchen if you need us attempting to cook dinner, if all fails plan b is pizza" dan smiled.

Skaiyler gestured jaz to sit down at the table and hooked her up to the wifi password whilst skaiyler ran through and got them both a drink then sat opposite her.

After talking a while they had both leaned forward over the table with their drinks pushed to one side and rested their foreheads together, looking into each other's eyes.

Little did they know dan and phil were peaking behind the door watching them.
Yet the girls were too caught in the moment to see, or care.

"I shouldn't have let you go lion" jaz said to skaiyler.

"don't let me go again then bear" skaiyler replied.

"How could i let you go? Best catch i've ever had" jaz smiled before pecking skaiyler's lips.

Two familiar sounding "awweeeees" came from behind the door.

"they're just like us bear" phil said to dan.

"I know lion, and they steal our nicknames" dan laughed.

Before they knew it they had eaten dinner which as predicted by skaiyler was pizza as dan and phil cant cook and skaiyler was had walked jaz home (which was only down the street and visible from the howell-lester apartment!) in the sunset, once they arrived at jaz's grandma's house they stood on the porch with the sun slightly hitting their faces.

"I love you" jaz said.

"I love you too" skaiyler said before drawing her girlfriend into a deep kiss and draping her arms around her neck.

"I have to go my love but i will see you at school tomorrow" skaiyler says.

"Not if i see you first baby" jaz replies before hugging skai once more and kissing her nose.

They said goodbye and skaiyler walked home with the sun just set and the moon beginning to creep out with the stars; a perfect end to a perfect day.