Chapter 15

NO POV
(Next morning)

Skaiyler's break down at 4am caused her to get very little if any sleep at all.
She looked like utter crap.

Once she had come to terms with everything she had done earlier in the morning she got up and wore:
plain black leggings,
A long-sleeved black vest,
And a massive all time low hoodie.
All of this to cover up the damage she had caused to her own skin.

She didn't bother with makeup as she was only having home-schooling today.
She washed her face and brushed her hair, all the time scary and triggering thoughts were on her mind.

Once she had put her hair into an extremely casual messy bun, she walked through to see her both of her fathers sat at the breakfast bar.

"g'morning skai babes", dan greeted his daughter.

"morning chicken", phil said too.

"Morning", skaiyler said in a barely legible whisper.

"Dan told me everything sweetie", phil said to skaiyler.

Skaiyler began to cry, she had let them both down.

"Show us the damage little lion", dan said bracing himself for the worst.

"It's okay baby", phil comforted skaiyler.

She, ever so slowly, rolled her sleeves all the way up to her shoulders revealing the wounds; some still open, some still bleeding.
Not only were the wounds just cuts though, some were words carved in her skin;
Unwanted,
Lost,
Dumb,
Unloved,
Kill me.

"We need to get some of these sown up" dan took charge, "some of these are too deep and could carry on bleeding if the dont get proper medical attention soon".

"You're right bear", phil said to dan.

"Are there any more you should show us?" Dan asked his daughter.

She rolled up her leggings to reveal more cuts, but also bruises and burns.

"Hospital, now." said dan, "phil, book a taxi cab please lion".

And that was that; once again skaiyler had been rushed to hospital again because of injuries she had given herself.