Chapter 11

Skaiyler could walk now as her ankle was healing so she did not need the wheelchair anymore which she was glad about.

She got up and shoved her hair into a messy bun which actually looked nice considering the lack of effort gone into it.
She threw on her old black *phan 09* hoodie with just a plain grey top underneath.
She didnt bother putting makeup on as no amounts of makeup would cover the black bruises around her eye from when she fell and hit the sink before blacking out.
All enthusiasm that she used to have seemed to have seeped out of her.
Just breathing, rather than living.

"Baby lioness!!!" Shouted dan as thats her new nickname.

"Dad!!!" Skaiyler shouted back mocking her father.

"You coming to- in fact, you ARE coming to get breakfast" dan said, "you need to eat skaiyler, its not healthy sweetie".

"Hey dans right hun, just try eating it. Please? For us?" Phil pleaded.

"Okay but dont watch me, thats just off putting" said skaiyler.

"Ok" they said turning back to the hob, continuing their pancake baking.
Pecking each others lips sweetly every now and then which caused skaiylers frown to turn into a grin of pure happiness.

"What are you smiling about?" Asked dan.

"Our family" said skaiyler, "promise things will get better now?".

"As long as we ALL put in the effort then things will get better" phil joined the conversation.

"Okay, well i gotta get going now" skaiyler said.

She hugged her fathers and left for school which was only down the road so it wasnt too far to walk.

She looked washed out,
Like faded jeans.

Her messy bun falling out,
Her clothes hanging off of her,
And her eyes no longer had the special glow in them.

•••••••••••

She walked to her locker with her head down, fitting in with the crowd.
She felt a tap on her shoulder and fear set in, her heart raced.

"Hi, um, hi."

"I have missed you" skaiyler whispered.

"Oh" jaz replied.

"Why oh?" Skaiyler asked.

"Well you see... This isnt working, im sorry" jaz said before bursting into tears and running away down the corridor.

Skaiylers heart shattered, little did she know things were about to get a lot worse...