Chapter 2

After having pizza in the lounge with dan and phil skaiyler went back to her room.
"I cant do this", she cried into her pillow. "Life is too hard!"
As she said this she heard a knock on her bedroom door. It was phil.
"skai sweetie, can i come in?" he asked sweetly.

"i guess", skai mumbled.
As phil entered his sweet smile turned into a frown as he saw his daughter curled up on her bed with tears streaming down her face, smudging her mascara.
"darling, please." phil said, "it will get better you know".

"when?" cried skaiyler, "i cant do this anymore, its too difficult".

"what is?" asked phil feeling very concerned.

"life." skaiyler replied simply.
Phil drew her into a bear hug and they sat like that for at least 10 minutes until dan walked in.

"knock, knock" said dan poking his head around the door, "can i come in?"

"yeah" mumbled skaiyler.

Dan walked fully into the room and sat down next to skaiyler, he wrapped his arms around her and flashed a glance at phil, silently asking him to leave so dan could talk to his daughter.

"phil told me everything," dan said, "you dont need to do that to yourself, you are beautiful skai".

"no i'm not, i'm really not" skaiyler said sadly.

"what makes you think that?" asked dan.

"the mirror", skaiyler replied.

"then the mirror lies because you are beautiful" dan said, wrapping his daughter in a hug once again.

"but you dont know how hard it is to pretend im okay, and to be brave all the time!" skaiyler sobbed.

"dont i?" replied dan rolling up the hem of his black plain t-shirt to reveal rows of old, white scars. "I want to be there so you dont нανє to be brave" said dan.

"im sorry dad, i-i-i didnt know", skaiyler stuttered.

"its okay, now, can i leave you to get some sleep?", asked dan sweetly.

"yeah, goodnight dad, i love you." she said smiling and wiping away a tear.

"i love you too skai, goodnight baby" said dan with a cute smile.

••••••••••••time lapse••••••••••••

Skai woke up at around 11pm the same night after she woke up needing the toilet, she got up, went to the bathroom and on her way back to her bedroom she heard faint noises coming from dans room. She poked her head around the door and saw something she did not want to see.

'Phan ιѕ real' skaiyler thought to herself with a smirk before walking back to her room and going back to sleep.

•••••••••••the next day; morning••••••••

Skaiyler woke up at 9 am and as it was a saturday she was in no rush to get ready, she walked to her wardrobe and picked out her outfit slowly. She eventually picked a FOB t-shirt that was black and red, a plain black skater skirt, red converse and a black beanie.
She walked to her bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth and hair, there was a post-it note on the mirror saying "stay strong our little lioness" -dan and phil. It made her smile and brightened her day almost instantly. She decided to put makeup on today for no actual reason as she wouldn't be going anywhere, it just made her feel confident. She applied her concealer, then a very thin layer of foundation to her porcelain skin, she put a greyish-black eyeshadow across her lids and lined them with a liquid eyeliner, giving it a little flick at the end. She put a dark red on her lips to match her converse and t-shirt. She crimped certain parts of her hair and let the rest hang naturally straight underneath the beanie. She looked stunning.

She walked into the kitchen to see dan flipping pancakes and phil by the kettle pouring hot water into three mugs. Dan and phil both smiled at skaiyler and said "g'morning hun".

"Morning dad, morning daddy!" She said happily, enjoying the atmosphere.
she decided to confront her fathers on what she saw last night.
She sat down at the breakfast bar, spun the stool around so she was facing her dads and then folded her arms with a smirk.
"What?" Dan and phil said simultaneously.

"Got anything to tell me?" Skaiyler asked cockily.

"No?" Said dan a little confused.

"Oh dan! Phil baby. Phiiilll" skaiyler mocked their noises last night.
Dan and phil flicked a worried glance at eachother.

"dont worry, im not a homophobic bastard. All you had to do was tell me." skaiyler said, making dan and phil feel a little calmer.

"phew" said dan.

"at least you can accept us, and no swearing!" said phil with a slight giggle.

"sorry" said skaiyler, sticking her tongue out at phil.

"at least we dont have to pretend anymore baby."dan said, weaving his arms around phils waist.

"you dont have to pretend, as long as there isnt too many pdas" skaiyler said laughing and covering her eyes sarcasticly when dan kissed phil.
Dan and phil laughed at their daughters comment as they sat around the breakfast bar eating pancakes and drinking coffee.

"i was thinking, we need to tell our fans about you skaiyler" said dan turning to skaiyler. "why dont you make your own channel too? We could shout you out and teach you to edit and stuff, it would be cool, and good for your self esteem. It helped mine, didnt it phil?"
Phil nodded rather than replying with words as he had a mouthful of sugary and lemony pancakes.

"Sounds cool, i'd love to have a youtube account!" Skaiyler replied very enthusiastically.
So after breakfast thats what the three of them did, made skai a youtube account.