Chapter 5: Reluctant

I open my eyes still having thought of nothing. I lay there afraid that I may get sick if I sat up.

I just lay instead thinking of the man and who he could be.

Speak of the devil. I heard the door open and turned my head to see him walk back in with a glass of water and some pills.

He walked closer to me but this time I didn't move.

Kidnapped 101: Don't show fear or emotion until you know how you can use it against him. Until you know his weakness.

I watched him set the water and the pills on the night stand and then sit next to me. Once his I met mine I never looked away.

He watched me almost curiously. Then he spoke up.

"Water and aspirin. I thought you might need it." Again I didn't move or look at it, keeping my eyes fixed on him unafraid.

Plus it's probably not aspirin and water. It's probably something much worse.

Kidnapped 101: Try hard not to eat anything unless on the point of starvation.

"Okay don't take things from a stranger I get it." Even something about his voice was familiar.

"Though, you do need to answer some questions for me. Let's start with what's your name?"

I gave him a blank stare and unwavering eyes.

Well at lease if he doesn't know my name it's random and most likely murder.

"Do you know your name?"

Yes, buts it's none of your business. Keep  up a blank stare directly into his eyes.

"Do you have family, anyone you can get help from?"

Not telling you that. Keep up your blank stare.

"Do you have a place to go?"

Now he's making me want to cry. Blank stare, remember no emotion.

"Why are you so reluctant?" He said anger seeping into his voice.

Reluctant: R-E-L-U-C-T-A-N-T: reluctant; adjective/ disinclined; unwilling

I guess I was reluctant, but for good reason. Now he was just trying to piss me off. Well it was working. I sat up and glared at him.

"I was kidnapped for God's sake! So excuse me if I don't want to answer you childish questions why I lay in your rapists' bed in a house where he murders young girls! For fucks sake get a damn clue!" I yell then go back to my silence.

"At lease we know you speak." He say. I want to retort but stop myself and go back to blank stare.

"Now you got your little rant out, so now it's my turn. Listen to me when I say I'm not a rapist, kidnapper, or murder. I saw a scared girl who could have been kidnapped, raped, and/or murder. So I thought I would do the right thing and take her to a safe place. I would shelter, feed, and make sure she was okay. Then if she had a place to go, I would let her leave. If she didn't have a place to crash I would let her stay here while she worked out other plans.

"So when you ready their is a change of clothes on top of the dresser and a bathroom through that door with a shower you can use. When your ready I will be down stairs in the kitchen making food. Come down when you want to eat and talk or don't come down at all, it's okay with me if you starve yourself.

"But I'm going to need the bed back I don't like sleeping on the couch when an ungrateful bitch is being... well... ungrateful." With that he stood up and walked to the door. "My friend will be here at 11:00 so try to clean up your act by then."

With that he left, shutting the door behind him. Leaving me to ahh at his nerve.