Chapter 7

"Alexander? My Alexander?" Belle asked, her voice rising up a notch in disbelief.

"What do you mean your Alexander? Are you guys already dating? He's a killer Belle. A monster!" Will replied angirly, only causing his sister's rage to grow.

Their raised voices woke up the rest of the house and they were all standing their witnessing the argument.

"He's not a monster! Neither is he a killer! And I have proof." Belle yelled at her brother angirly.

Will just scoffed. "What prof could you possibly have?" He spat at her.

"It was a wolf that killed the girl. Alexander was only trying to help her when she scratched." Belle explained. "I even have picture of the wolf's fur mixed with the blood."

"You think I'll believe that? It was probably him who planted the fur to cover up for himself."

"No he did not! You don't know him so stop judging him."

"You can think whatever you want young girl but there a killer out there and I'm out to get him." Will said as he placed his gun in its holder. Belle's eyes widened at the gun. He was going to kill Alexander.

Without thinking, Belle ran past her father and brother and out the door, ignoring their cries. There was no way in hell was she letting them hurt Alexander. Even if that cost her her own life.

She sprinted towards the woods swiftly dodging past branches, trees, rocks, and roots.

"Alexander!" She yelled as she reached the stream. She didn't stop running though, she continued to where his cabin were. He had told her about it a few days back when she asked about where does he sleep.

"Alexander!" She called again as the cabin was in sight.

Alexander opened the door in a rush, his face filled with worry. His eyes searched the surrounding until they settled on Belle's running form.

She crashed into his chest as she was not able to stop herself, but Alexander was quick in catching her body, preventing her from falling.

"Belle. Belle what's wrong? What are you doing here?" Alexander asked with panic lacing his every word. It's not normal that you find someone calligraphy your name and running towards your house in the middle of the night.

"R-run. Run Alexander. Run!" Belle was able to say between breaths. Alexander looked at her in confusion.

"Why do I have to run Belle. What happened?" He asked, trying to understand something, anything.

Belle was about to open her mouth to explain when they heard voices coming from behind them.

"Belle get away from him." Will ordered as he pointed his gun towards them.

Belle fixed her posture, standing infront if Alexander as she hid his body with hers.

"No. If you want to get him you'll have to kill me before that." She replied with confidence. She wasn't going to let anything happen to Alexander.

"Belle." Alexander whispered from behind her.

"Belle please. Don't be irrational." Her father pleaded. "Oh for God's sake Will, don't point that gun at your sister."

"I won't be pointing it at her if she would just step aside so I could get what I want." Will replied.

Mrs.Jefferson's sobs floated the air and only then did Belle notice that her while family was here.

"I'm not letting you hurt him." Belle said as she tried to cover every inch of Alexander's body with hers.

"Then I'll have to get you out of the way then." Replied Will coldly.
Belle's eyes winded. Her own brother was actually going to kill her? She didn't have time to dwell on the matter much longer as she felt her body being pulled to side and the sound of the gun echoing through the forest.

She had her eyes shut tight and waited for the pain to conquer her body but she didn't fell anything.

She opened her eyes slowly and gasped at the scene infront of her.

No. No. No.

There on the ground was Alexander's body. His was lying on his back as his left hand clutched his stomach. Blood was oozing from between his fingers and falling to the ground.

She was instantly by his side. She raised his upper body holding it tightly against hers, with his head resting on her chest as she sobbed into his neck.

"No. No. Alexander no. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." She whispered between sobs.

Alexander's hand reach to touch her cheek gently. "It's alright Belle. I'm okay." He croaked.

Belle looked into his eyes and nodded. "Yes it's okay. You'll be fine I promise. We'll call the ambulance, you'll be fine." She told him with hope.

"Someone call 911!" She yelled to her family.

"I called them. They're on their way." Her father replied.

Belle averted her gaze back to Alexander, her tears rolling down her cheeks. He weakly wiped them away and gave her his best smile.

"Thank you Belle. For being there for me. For being my friend and not away from me like everyone else. Thank you for making me know what love feels like. You made me the happiest man on earth."

Belle broke into more tears and turned her head to the hand cupping her cheek and planted a am all kiss into his palm, one of her hands holding his.

"I should've told you sooner Alexander. I love you. I love you so much that it hurts. I don't care what your past was or how you look like. I live you and that's all that matters to me."

Their eyes never broke contact as Alexander's grin adorned his face.
"I love you Belle." Were Alexander's last words as his hand fell to his side, his grin disappearing and his eyes closing.