Chapter 5

Belle wasn't able to sleep that night. How could she when she had both known the truth about the killer beast and that her mystery man was a king, nit that she believed it hundred percent.

She had done some research on the kingdom of Angride. Pictures if the castle and the king filled the page. She did her research in the king and found out that his name really was Alexander the third. He was very handsome and had a face and body to die for.

She found out that he had disappeared during the war with the Germans. However, for a long time before that, he had stopped showing his face to anyone and his Kingdom started falling apart until the Germans were able to take over.

Rumors has it that the king was cursed for his cruel and cold heart. They said that his ugly personality was copied onto his face.

The beeping of the alarm clock echoed through the room causing Belle to groan from her lack of sleep and it made her think about where and how does Alexander sleep. Does he live in a house with his own comfy bed, or does he finds shelter somewhere out in the woods? The thought made her frown. True she didn't know Alexander that much but she still cared about him. Plus, he helped her with the murder.

That reminds her. She had to go back to the crime scene and check it again. Hopefully she would find some of the wolf's fur.

She got out if bed and made her way to the bathroom. She took a nice warm shower then went I to her room to put on some clothes. After slipping on a pair of blue shorts and a loose shirt, she wore her converse, combed her hair then went downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning guys." She greeted her family. A set of 'mornings' and 'heys' were her reply.

She sat on a stool next to her father and started eating the pancakes her mother prepared.

Does Alexander like pancakes? She thought to herself. Maybe she should get him breakfast too.

After everyone was done, she placed all the extra, leftover pancakes in a plate, w tapped either aluminium foil then placed it I side the basket. She also decided on adding a couple of juice boxes and a water bottle.

She picked up the basket and was about to leave the kitchen when she saw her father standing by the doorway, his hands on his hips and one eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing Belle?" He asked. The blood drained from her body and her face paled at the sight of her father.

She can't tell him the truth. Hell go after Alexander and take him in as the murderer. She still had to prove his innocence.

"Ah...to a friend's house." She replied wearily.

"Then why do you have a picnic basket filled with food?"

"I...uhh...we're going on a picnic this afternoon." She lied. Her father didn't seem convinced but he let it slide. Belle was old enough, she could take care of herself.

Belle sighted in relief and went out the house. She had to get evidence and fast.

She entered the woods and made her way to the crime scene. To her pure content, there as wolf fur on the ground, mixed with the blood. It seems that she didn't notice it last time since the fur was stained and was hard to spot between the blood, grass and dirt.

After taking a couple of pictures, she made her way deeper towards the stream. She knew that she was earlier than her normal time but Alexander sure needed breakfast, didn't he?

"Alexander." She called. "Hello~" She sang. "Come out your highness. This poor maiden got you breakfast."

"You're early." Alexander's voiced boomed from behind her. She twirled around and smiled deeply when her eyes met Alexander's.

"I got you breakfast" She told him, waving the basket in her hand. Alexander raised his eyebrows at her.

"Come on." Belle said as she took hold of Alexander's hand and pulled him towards the stream. They sat down in their usual spot and Alexander started eating the pancakes hungrily. The poor lad sure was malnutritioned.

As usual, Belle continued to look at him as he continued eating.

"I took pictures if the wolf's fur that was at the crime scene. I'll soo prove your innocence." Belle I firmed Alexander as they sat next to each other.

Alexander nodded his head and smile at her in gratitude.

They were both enjoying themselves. Alexander would tell Belle about his hunt trips and about the life in the castle. Belle would laugh at the jokes he threw, her chuckles and giggles music to Alexander's ears. They would both tell each other about themselves and their families. Belle told Alexander about her life back in New Jersey and about how she was the youngest of seven. That seemed to have made Alexander's eyes bulge out. Seven wasn't really a small number.

Days passed by this way and without them knowing they both started growing closer than ever. Alexander started caring mire about Belle and began to find her less annoying and Belle on the other hand started developing a tiny crush on Alexander. However, none of them had the guts to tell other how they felt, afraid that the other might reject them. The idea of being just friends seemed to have settled well for the two if them. And for about two weeks, they would both meet in secret.

Belle would get Alexander food and they would eat together and talk about random things, oblivious about the person standing behind the tree, watching their every actions and occasionally taking pictures.