Chapter Thirty Nine

Scott's POV

I stood in the long white hallway of Beacon Hills Memorial.
We brought Aria to my mom last night, hoping there was something she could do.
I knew there wasn't. Not after what happened.
"Jennifer was still weak because Aria was fighting. She was still alive, so the sacrifice wasn't complete. She's a strong girl Scott. If anyone can survive it, it's her... well, and you." Derek sat in the wooden chair by her room. I nodded my head and looked at Stiles who was sprawled across three chairs, sleeping.
It's been over 48 hours for him. He needs the sleep.
I sat across from Derek and waited.
What if I messed up?
What if, when we brought her here, there was something that could have been done to keep her alive?
What if I made a mistake?

*flashback*

Stiles screamed as he held Aria. Her almost lifeless body laying in his lap. I didn't know what else to do. Allison and Lydia tried to ask Stiles if it was okay and calm him down but he wasn't listening.

*end of flashback*

I sat back in my chair and stared at the tiles on the floor lining the hallway. I could see the white shoes of the doctors as they ran by. I tried counting them, then I tried counting the tiles. Nothing worked. I couldn't push the though away.
What if this is my fault?
What if she dies because of what I did?
What if the bite is what kills her?