Chapter 1 : Your Innocence Takes Flight

Start from the beginning

"No.. um.. I just feel a little empty about it. It has nothing to do with the fact that I remember anything. Its all like nothing ever happened. I just remember being at the concert to fetch my bag, I have blacked out of that. I have tried thinking about it but there's nothing. Then I just remember waking up in my room and everything felt strange but other than my room being packed up, I remember it all the same, just the different attitudes." I winced at the last word.

"I thought so. So why not you tell me exactly what happened that night." That was not a hard question, I felt very happy thinking about it since it was normal for me, the only time I had felt normal untill the fuss began.

Flashback 

The door to the room creaked open, making my eyes flutter open. I rubbed my eyes to have a clear vision when I saw my mom, with a ghostly expression on her face. Her hands clutched at her heart as the tears streamed down.

Suddenly her voice erupted through the entire house. "William! Neol! Come here.! Now!" she screamed, fluttering towards me. 

Two pairs of footsteps echoed as the door to my room was pushed wide open and the bodies of my father and brother stood in the doorframe. I looked at them with confused eyes.

"Jade? Is that you?" Noel came forward, his eyes were puffy but he seemed to frown properly. 

"Who else would I be Dumpty!" I chuckled, the three pairs of eyes widened.

"Why the hell is my room packed up?" I continued, as I looked around the room. All my precious belongings had been boxed up by then.

"I'll set it up, you take my room." Noel... staggered up to me, engulfing me in a tight hug. His taller figure wrapped around me as he kissed the top of my head. 

"I've missed you.." his voice came out muffled. Even though it felt good but it was still awkward, not knowing what had cause such an emotional imapact.

"Noel, step aside please, let me look at her." My mother's voice was squeaky, highly unusual. It was confusing of what was happening.

"My beauty." My father spoke for the first time. He was clearly exhausted.

"Aww... You guys! Why are you guys being like this?" It was really good but I wanted to know why.

"So you don't know?" My father's voice was heavy.

"Nope." I popped the 'p'.

"Let her sleep honey, she might be a little confused right now-" My mom was ushering the two male bodies out.

"Clearly. And I am fine in my own room. I'll find a duvet, don't worry. Its.. four in the morning. You guys look exhausted. Go." I was not sure what I was doing.

I could still feel the lingering bodies on the other side of the door but I was not in a mood to care. I opened the window to let in some fresh air. I was aware enough to notice the sudden shuffling in the bushes, it was something lemon-ish. 

I ignored it, walking back and pulling out a peeping duvet from a cardboad box, taking it to my bedsheet-less bed and pulling it over me as I lay down, thinking of the next day of school, not knowing the next day was supposed to be a Saturday but my dreams was slurred with glimpses of green, sparkly eyes.

End of Flashback 

"And thats it." I told her all I had come back to.

"Okay... So now my part of the deal." she paused, the words vaguely sounded familiar but they were supposed to curve dimples which did not happen. "You had gone missing over the days, we were all very stressed out. Lola didn't know where you were. We checked all over the city. We had come to give up. You had disappeared after the concert. But now you're back and you are safe." The women seemed to have a very soothing voice.

But the words she broke to me were not very surprising but somehow dark. Taking me deeper into the emptiness which I had been feeling. I think that was the reason none of my family or best friend revealed it to me.

The reality, again, even though was laid in front of eyes was hard to take in. I could feel my face tigthen. A wave of disappointment spread on the well-maintained women in front of me.

"So how did you enjoy the concert?" She changed the subject, making me snap to reality. 

"Yes. They were great! I looked at them personally with my own eyes. But.. I ... something... I don't know." My thoughts were jumbling up, it was fuzzy. The blue orbs stared at me through the darkness. I pulled my hand to head, trying to stop the sudden throbbing.

"Jade, are you okay? Do you remember anything?" She was instantly at my side with a glass of water.

I closed my eyes, trying to think hard but then again, failed miserably.

"Can I go home please?" I had no idea what had taken over me, I just wanted to get on the road, something or... someone was waiting there for me.

I knew him well.. too well.. 

Here's the first chapter. Try to guess who this "Someone" is. Predict something, the closest one gets the dedication. 28 votes and 10 comments. I really love this, and I am telling you this story is going to be awesome till the time it ends. I know what I have to write in this one!. Love-yA!

-Annie