The New Alpha

Malia POV

I finally looked to my right to see the unknown people. Or so I thought.

"Malia." Stiles states plainly. I feel the tears forming in my eyes. What if he saw me differently now. I didn't give myself time to think. I just ran. Ran like I would never come back. Ran like they never wanted me back. "Malia!" I hear him call again. Minutes later I realized I was in the middle of the woods. Why did I run? I stopped dead in my tracks and took a deep breath. I looked around to see if I knew where I was. I didn't. I walked over to a nearby lake and crouched to see my broken reflection. While looking at the lake, my reflection showed me something I couldn't believe. It showed me the pure red eyes that had taken place of my blue ones. I was an alpha. But how? Was she one? She couldn't have been. She needs a pack to be an alpha. Are there more? What if there were? I was cut short of my thinking when I heard a low growl. I looked around to see either blue or golden yellow eyes looking back at me. I suddenly felt a strike of power.

I let out a loud roar and they all cowered away. I stood shocked at what had just exited my mouth. Maybe being an alpha won't be that bad. As soon as the thought came into existence I was bombarded with questions. What if there can only be one alpha in a pack? Will Stiles not love me anymore? Will the pack hate me? I quickly erased the horrific thoughts from my brain and focused on the only thing I need to do: Find a way out. I walked around the clear opening for a while trying to figure out how on earth I would get out. What would Stiles do? The answer was clear. Investigate, and probably die doing it. I pushed back a couple bushes so I could freely walk around them. I did the same to a couple branches, leaves and more bushes. I felt a small buzz in my left back pocket. I pulled out my phone and read the caller ID. Stiles. I waited a couple moments for the phone to stop buzzing, indicating the call was transferred to voicemail. I sighed loudly. For the next twenty minutes the buzzing didn't stop. The calls kept coming. How did I even have signal here?! I checked my phone and the total was thirty-four from Stiles and seventeen from Scott. As I raised my head to look away from the phone I saw the two-way street in front of me. I followed the street without the worry of cars as it seemed deserted. I finally knew my surroundings well.

"Here you take a right and you're at the-" I whispered to myself as I turned right to see the sheriff's station. As two lightning bolts lit up in lines across the sky, rain began to pour down in gallons. I quickly ran around and down streets to where I was planning to go. I walked over the lawn and jogged to the front door. I hesitated when my hand was inches away from the door. I changed my mind and went for the doorbell instead. As the merry chime sounded through my head it only took a couple minutes to open the door.

"Malia." Was all he said and I swore I could be crying gallons. I took two quick steps towards him and wrapped my drenched arms around his warm torso. He didn't hesitate to snake his own arms around my neck. After what felt like an eternity he motioned me inside the house. We stayed there in the living room in silence for a while before he decided to speak up.

"Why'd you run?"

"Stiles-"

"Malia. Please, why?"

I felt the burning sensation at the back of my throat. "Stiles you don't understand." I croaked out.

"What don't I get?!" He shouted while throwing his hands in exasperation.

"What if you killed someone Stiles?! Wouldn't you be scared that your dad o-or Scott would think different of you?!" Now it was my turn to shout and move my hands in the air.

"You think I think differently of you now? About what you did?" He calmly asks. I say nothing and look down."Malia I don't." He finished. At this comment I slowly lift my head and my eyes were shimmering with the tears. "That doesn't change anything." He adds. He scoots closer to me until we were inches apart. He gently lifts my chin so I was looking at his eyes. Without conscious my eyes glowed their new color. He was shocked but covered it up. "That doesn't either." He leans down and connects our lips. Finally my hands wrap around his neck and his around my waist. He gently pulls away and takes me into a tight hug. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too. Always." And for that night, all was well.

*********************************************************

Heyo! Well just let me point something out. If any of you are potterheads, I added the 'always' from deathly hallows part 2. I was seriously crying so hard when I saw it especially when Neville made that speech. I was like 'NEVILLE SHUT UP I'M EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE AT THE MOMENT.' I also added the last sentence to the last book. All was well. I hope you guys like this chapter and yes @eleniarhon I would be honored to be your friend. - Kat ❤️