Seventeen

Skylarr, Nate, Zander, Scott, Jade, Liz, Selina, and myself all stand at the door, looking at Jones and Joan. "Hello children." Joan says pleasantly.

I give her a half smile as she hugs all us. "Please have them back before 2:00 tomorrow morning. I will need them, for they have a mission." Zen speeds back to his room.

"Shall we go to the parlor?" Joan asks, opening the door for the girls. The four walk out behind Joan who has her shades and back dress on.

"Oh brother." Scott says. "What now?" Nate and I ask him. He stares at the two black Rolls Royce's with tinted windows. "They brought someone along."

Just then a beautiful teenage girl steps out of the car. Her blonde hair flows as she stares at Nate with her hazel eyes.

The girl reveals her white fluorescent teeth by smiling wider than any guy there. "Sam is that you?!" Nate screams.

Sam shakes her head and runs to him, giving Nate a hug and kiss. "Who's that?" I ask Scott.

"That's Nate's little sister." I glance at Sam one more good time, noticing her baby-like face and curvaceous body.

Nate brings Sam towards us. "Guys, this is my youngest sister, Samantha or Sam for short. She'll be with us for a week." He says.

Sam starts to walk my way. "You must be Max. Hi," she shakes my hand. "I'm Sam as you already know. My brother has told me a lot about you."

I glance over to Nate with a fake surprised expression. "Oh really?" Sam shakes her head.

"He says your one of the best Night Runner's out there." Now I know this man did not tell her about that.

A Night Running is when a kid at Omega and Alpha Academy learns to lurk in the shadows to do everything they need to do, being able to control your powers during a firefight, and being skilled in all types of combat. I have to admit, I am top on the list. Being a Runner means you have to be quick and silent at everything. We're like superpowered ninjas.

"Yeah I would like to think I'm pretty good. But how about we finish this at the parlor?" I ask her. San shakes her head before getting into the Rolls Royce with the girls.
________________________________________
The eleven of us walk through the front doors of Joe's Pizza Parlor. "Hey Joe my boy! How you been?!" Jones goes to shake Joe's hand.

Joe pushes back his salt and pepper hair from his face. His expression brightens to a great big smile. "I'm been doing good Jones!" He looks back at us.

"Who the hell are these kids?" Joe asks Jones. "Those are the kids from last month. Crazy how they got so big." Jones replies.

Joe walks to us and hugs us. "Been a long time." He says. All of us sit down at the biggest table we can find before ordering a 56 inch pizza with anchovies, beef, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, and pickles. I know it sound disgusting but it's actually pretty tasty.

"How's the mission going so far?" Jones asks.

"Fine. Three more months and we're home free." I reply.

"Yeah about that...." Jones throws a dossier to me. As I open the folder, I notice that I see our names on the first page.

"What is this?" Zander asks Jones, taking the dossier. "The team's files in the academy's computer. All of you are supposed to be leaving tomorrow night." Skylarr's face lights up with joy.

"Finally! We can leave that hellhole!" She exclaims. Everyone starts to rejoice. Joe sets down the pizza in the middle of the table as we all start to dig in.

Jones looks down at his plate with a tear forming in his right eye. "You okay Jones?" I ask. He shakes his head. "After tomorrow, Joan and I will not be able to help you. You're on your own. I'm really sorry."

We all stop and start to think back about all the good times we had with each other. Zander brought up the time Jones bought him his first laser-rifle from 48. That was one of the best times he had with him.

I remember when I first met Jones. He was really nice and rarely got mad over any mistake you made. He was like a brother to me.
_________________________________________
Meanwhile at Omega Academy.....

Zen stood at the front of the building with Mulbio. "Remind please why we are here." Zen says with a angry expression.

Mulbio  out his hands behind his back. "Because we're the evil that will haunt this world, unlike that boy Max. Do you believe we still need that Max boy and his friends?" Mulbio looks to Zen.

"No. They aren't needed any longer. I know what their plan is. That team is going to blow this place to bits."

Mulbio shakes his head. "What shall we do?" He asks, forming a knife from his hands. "Bring his parents. They'll be enjoying a little extraterrestrial view of Earth." And with that, Mulbio and three guards head to the cells in the secret lair, strapping them to a rocket that will be ready to launch in 4 hours.

Zen looks down at his watch. 10:48 PM. "Shit I'm gonna be late." He says before grabbing his coat and super-speeding down to a nice fancy restaurant with dim, yellow lighting.

He sits down at a table with a woman that's fairly skinny, blonde/brown hair, purple eyes, and a slick black dress on. The woman glances at Zen and then to her menu.

"I see you came rather quick." She says with her British accent. Zen rolls his eyes. "You know me Fern. I can't be late for anything." He replies.

Fern places her menu on the table, reaches in her purse, and slides Zen a small brown envelope. "I'd think that'll keep the kid going for a while." She says with a smirk.

"Isaac is almost ready to be used. Three years give or take. But until then, Zayn will do. After all, he is a cyborg with a chip that will last for another two decades."

Zen takes the envelope and places it in his coat pocket. "The kid is getting stronger." He says sternly. "No kidding. He's killed forty of my men!" Fern exclaims.

"He'll be leaving tomorrow. That leave him a night to set the bombs. We won't need any guards. Tell them to go home. The academy is going to fall. And I'm going to be its savior."