Chapter 30

I couldnt think of a song for this chapter. Sorry :P
-Ally <3

---Zenix's Pov---

I grit my teeth and i pick Aphmau up.

This is HIS fault. He shouldnt have ran away. That was his job, he couldnt stop that. Not by running away. Not by anything.

I walk towards the farmhouse holding the weak Aphmau in my arms.

"Aphmau you shouldnt have done that..."

She looks up at me, her hazel eyes not sparkling with life.

"Wh....What d..do y..y..you m...mean?"

I continue to look straight ahead, fighting back tears as i walk.

"You know Garroth is going to blame himself right? For this whole thing, especially sense you got stabbed and now you have to go O'Khasis. You know going there is basically suicide right? Then ill be left alone again...."

A tear slips through my eyes and i look at her.

"Z..Zenix re..member my f...fav...orite so..song? Y..you wi..ll nev....er b...b..b..be al..alone."

"I dont want to be alone. You understand me Aphmau. You should know more than anyone that if you leave, i couldnt live with myself. I ran into the forest even that day, do you expect me not to this time?! ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THIS MY FAULT?! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE APHMAU!! I...im sorry for raising my voice... lets just go."

She looks down and i see Brian running towards me.

"ZENIX THERE IS SMOKE IN THE FOREST!!!"

I growl, knowing it may be an O'Khasis guard.

"I need to help Zoe clean up Aphmau but i should be able to send Garroth."

He nods and i run towards the farmhouse, seeing tears drop from Aphmau's hazel eyes...

"I....im sorry Aph."

"I..it...its o..k."

I see Zoe there and i run faster. When we get there i put her on the bed and she grips her side.

"G...Garroth there is smoke coming from the forest outside our gates."

He nods and leaves.

"Aphmau, i promise to you that ill stay with you for as long as i live."

She smiles and cries harder.

"Tha....nk Y.....You"

---Garroth's Pov---

I walk towards the forest with Laurence.

"Garroth, she really cares about the village. Shes giving up her own life for you. There has to be another way to save both of you!!"

I look over at Laurence whos gripping his sword and sheild for dear life as his head is facing down.

"Your right Laurence. There has to be a way, and i know that way. Its for me to go to O'Khasis and give myself up..."

He grabs my arm to turn me around.

"THEN WHAT WILL HAPPEN? YOU GET CAUGHT AND THEY GO AFTER APHMAU! YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP GARROTH! SHES GOING TO DIE!! THIS IS NO TIME FOR YOUR SMALL REASONING!"

I nod, at the forest, and continue to walk.

"There Garroth, that's where the campfire is."

We unsheathed our swords and headed into the forest. As soon as we got there Laurence stopped me.

"G..Garroth look at your throat..."

I look down and see a red/orange sword. Not like Zenix's, but fire like Cadenza's hair.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that question! Your not the one with a sword to your throat. Not to mention you are hiding in a tree."

I see Laurence lower the fiery sword with his emerald. She takes it back.

"Do you work for O'Khasis?!" I tried to act serious but the thought scared me. I hear a little growl.

"Why would i be with those monsters, after what they did to my....." She trails off.

"So your not?" I see a fiery sword knocking the emerald one onto the ground.

"No but again, i should be asking the exact same question..." I pull out my weapon and i see a flash of black and the diamond sword was out of my hands.

"No we dont, we are currently at war with them. Are you going to give our weapons back?" Laurence was completely silent as i hear a tiny... laugh?

"Why would i do that? You would just kill me... i need to find my sister for Irene's sake!" I look over to see Laurence's eyes widen.

She jumps down, holding the weapons and gives the according one to the correct person.

"How did you know which one was ours?!" "Well... Garroth, that may be a good question."

I throw my sword up to her throat and i hear her laugh until Laurence finally speaks.

"A...Allyson?" Her head automatically turns to him and her sword starts to shake.

"Take off your hood..." Her head snaps back to me. She does and i see a mask covering her face and hair.

"Your welcome!" I hear a snicker as she climbs up a tree. I growl and look over at Laurence who is just staring at the ground, wide eyed.

"Laurence do you know her?" He nods and looks at me. "Hmph, im surprised you dont." I look at him.

"Ally come back!!" I hear some leaves falling and suddenly she was in front of us.

"Cant a girl go into her camp area in peace?!" I scowl at her and pick up my sword pointing it at her throat.

"So thats what you wanted me for? To kill me?! Heh, i thought you guys were better than to attack me."

Instead of pointing it i swung it at her and suddenly it was blocked with her sword.

"So can i just go now? I need to find a place to stay where i wont feel like im trying to be killed every second by the guards."

I regreted saying it but i decided to mention Pheonix Drop. "Hmph, this may be a good place. Maybe if it wasnt mentioned BY THE GUARD WHO HAS A SWORD TO MY THROAT!!"

Laurence puts my sword down and he steps up. "Its a good place Ally, trust me." He starts to remove her mask but she growls.

"Stop. Who even are you and why do you know me?!" So she knows who i am, just not him...

"Everyone should know a past....
Jury Of Nine."

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to say that there will be only two OC in this book. Mine :-) and the contest winners. At 3k ill post the page thingy and ill announce the winners at 3.5k. Thats all guys!! Love you all!
-Ally <3