Listen, Don't Touch ~ Chapter 17

...I'm just not gonna make an excuse for my absence and see who notices this update, not that I expect you all to continue reading after my absence (FORGIVE ME T-T)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gripped my guitar like my life depended on it, which it kind of did. "Why do I have to do this?" I whispered at Logan who was a few feet away leaning against the wall.

We were in town now, outside of the pizza place. There were many people walking here and there, none of them looking my way. Logan was holding my beanie, sunglasses, coat, and his own guitar. But he wasn't going to play. He's making me do street performances by myself, without any disguise, to make me used to people seeing me as...well, me. I don't like it one bit. I don't even like myself. I'm too self conscious. I mean, MY HAIR IS REFLECTING THE SUN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

"Just start singing Case." He leaned against the side of the building, far enough to look like he didn't know me.

"But I can't-"

"Case," He made sure to look me in the eyes, "you can do it." After a silent moment I nodded.

I strummed a few times. Okay. If Logan thinks I can, then I should be able to, right?

"Days swiftly come and go..." I whisper-sang. My voice caught in my throat when a few people glanced my way with confused expressions. Some sized me up. Logan stared at me insistently. My hand shook and if possible my voice began to shake, "I'm dreaming of her. She's...she's seeing..." The lump in my throat built and I was having trouble. I stopped strumming but that seemed to confuse passerby's more, and inclined them to stare at me. I took a few steps back. Oh god... "guys.. o-other guys. Emotions they...stir." Forget this. Cue loud sigh behind me.

"The sun is gone, the nights are long, and I am left while tears fall," Logan started strumming behind me and I stared at him. He sighed (AGAIN) and nodded at my guitar. OH. I started strumming but continued watching him. "Did you think that I would cry on the phone?" He bumped me and whispered, "Go Case."

"D-Do you k-know what it feels like, all alone?"

"I'll find someone new, oh." I like his voice. It's different from the All American Rejects. Low and smooth. While we did the transition strum he whispered, "One song I'll help. Go octave higher."

I nodded and we sang the chorus, me on a slightly higher octave, and him singing a harmony. I started smiling at Logan. I really like his voice. He had a slight quirk to his lips too. We got to the bridge and he sang "Bury me,"

"You thought your problems were gone,"

"Carry me,"

"Away, away, awaaay," AWAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Someone in the crowd started clapping and I was shocked back to reality. I expected Logan to continue singing with me but when I started the chorus again it was just me. That's okay, I told myself, he was still playing the guitar beside me. Although I liked hearing my voice mix with his.

When I finished I took a HUGE BREATH as the small crowd clapped and a few left. I looked immediately at Logan. "Logan, I-"

He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Good job."

I felt an explosion of excitement bubble inside of me.

"OH MY GOD I SANG IN PUBLIC AND MY HAIR IS LAME AND YOU HELPED BUT I STILL DID IT AND PEOPLE CLAPPED AND NOBODY BEAT ME UP AND I DID IT! I FREAKING DID IT!" He grabbed my shoulders to hold me down and make me stop jumping. He started laughing at me. But I was FLIPPING FLOPPING EVERYWHERE.