"What? Are... You can't be..." murmured the blonde. He looked behind him. "Ayden? Ay--oh, damn-it all... Ayden!"

"Yes, yes, I'm coming."

A man came jogging out of the forest. I was a bit surprised by his tone. No pack wolf back at Eastern Pines would have spoken to their mate in such a manner--especially an omega. "Took you long enough," he huffed, leaning against the attractive wolf. "Is your name...Colton?"

I took a small step back. Axel was looking for me. This was it. "L-leave me alone," I stammered furiously, phasing out my claws. I knew it'd do nothing against the big wolf who snarled immediately, taking a step toward me. "Please!"

"Ayden! Stop it--you're scaring him. We're not here to hurt you Colton. We know your family," called the omega over the defensive man's shoulder.

"What?"

"You had a pup, right? Named Emory?"

"How do you know about my Emory?" I snarled instantly, mind reeling.

"I met him. We all traveled together. They...we thought you were dead." his voice was soft in amazement. "Do you know where they're staying? We can show you-- Oh, they'll be so happy to know you're safe..."

"I've been there already," I said slowly. I didn't trust these strangers. Not yet. "You knew my brother."

Drew's eyes turned downcast. "He died saving me and pups."

I hadn't gotten details into his death--mostly because I didn't want to know. "Supposedly it was the wolf who fathered you son." My jaw went slack but the omega didn't notice, too busy being wrapped up by his mate. "That's what your other brother said anyway."

"Oh my God," I breathed, mind reeling. "I..."

I was speechless. "Who are you?" I finally asked.

"Drew," the omega said. "And this big dork is Ayden. Say sorry for scaring him."

The dark eyed wolf gave a short snort of laughter. "Yes dear. Sorry for getting aggressive-- I was protecting my mate."

"It's okay," I replied numbly.

"Have you registered yet?" asked Drew, tilting his head a bit. "If not they'll send someone to you and that can be a little intimidating."

"What do you mean 'register'?" That was what Emory had said! There was no way he actually knew what was going on, right?

"You go to the Alpha and he asks you some questions. Really, it's just too keep track of the number of rouges on his land--this all his land after all. He's really nice though," Drew insisted.

I just hugged myself. "I don't like Alpha wolves," I muttered, speaking more to myself than him.

"It's okay," stated Drew. "Really. It's not scary. Promise."

Was he still going on about registering? Ugh. I could feel a headache creeping up on me. "Do you live in the town?"

"Hm? Oh on the outskirts. It was our agreement."

"With who?" I asked, brow furrowing. I wouldn't live anywhere near a pack if it up to me! Well...no where closer than we apparently were, I guess.

"The alpha. I have two boys--twins. They're home with their father right now."

I quirked a look at the handsome man. "Er, other father," said Drew with a small laugh.

Two mates? It was rare but not unheard of. I nodded my head. "Well," the omega continued. "One's an omega and has to attend courses and the other is in line to be Beta."