~Fifty-Two~

A/N: Here it is. ~Fifty-Two~. I hope you all love. Now, my dear readers, it's up to you to select a name for Drew's unnamed baby. He is an omega. The reader who suggests the name I pick will get a dedication next chapter (if I can figure out how to do that) or failing my technological abilities, I'll just write it in. It just wont' be in that cool little font like the others have. :P

So comment, comment, comment, comment, ooh and COMMENT. (Please and thank you. Kate gets excited and forgets her manners. She begs for your forgiveness). But not just names. I want to know what YOU are thinking. Because that's what makes me smile while I'm stuck all day in classes or working.

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

"He was good man."

The male stood stiffly over his brother's grave. Beside him, the widow was sobbing. Hayden looked away as he felt tears stinging his own eyes. The family had been grieving since the beginning. It honestly wasn't fair that they'd lost so much. They were in the pack cemetery. They pack had kindly given them a nice, granite tombstone which his mate had requested the following phrase to be written:

Thomas: son, father, husband, brother
He died an honorable death

Ayden touched Hayden's bicep gently. Their mate was healing in the pack's medical facility. It was a nice place and Drew was growing stronger by the day. The pups were beautiful. Twins in fact. Both males. One had a mess of black hair with dark blue eyes--he was the biggest. The other had fine blond hair and light blue eyes flecked with gold. It was a strange combination but beautiful nonetheless. There was going to be a meeting once Drew had regained his strength. There was a background anxiety about the fate of the omega but it wasn't their only worry right now.

"I don't know how much more I can lose." the widow sobbed into her palms. "Colt, Emory, now-now my husband, m-m-my ma-mate..."

"Sh, honey. It'll be okay." Xena hugged the grieving woman to her chest. "It's over...it's all over."

"We should go back." Ayden murmured softly. "Check in on the pups and Drew."

Hayden nodded his head. They disappeared quietly, heading toward the infirmary. They let themselves in, a nurse in starch uniform recognized them, smiling. "Drew is with the pups if you want to see them."

"Please." Hayden said with a small smile.

"Follow me."

Down a white, sterile hallway, in Room 27 they saw their mate, both arms supporting swaddled bundles. His face was washed out and he looked exhausted but other than that, he looked healthy. "They're so beautiful," Drew choked out, looking up at his mates. The smile faded a bit. "How was it?"

"People cried. Let me hold one." Ayden replied, short and blunt as usual.

Drew gave him a smile, passing him the dark blue bundle careful. Seeing such a strong, callous man handling something so small and delicate was incredible. Ayden's expressionless face turned to one of wonder and appreciation. "He'll be strong--I can tell. Have you thought a name yet?"

"For him? Yes. I want to call him Thomas."

"Why?" Hayden asked, a bit hurt that his mate was naming the pup after another male.

"To honor his memory. Without him I would have lost one or both of you. I can never thank him properly. I want to give him this at least." Drew replied. "I call him Tommy though. Doesn't he look like a Tommy?"